Any members of Alpha Rubicon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fortunateson, Feb 1, 2010.

1. 45acpJHP

45acpJHP Monkey+

:unsure:

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

here is the google term you speak of

Any members of Alpha Rubicon

<button class="vspib"></button>14 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Feb 2
    I came across this site, The Survival Monkey.alpharubicon.com Seems like more like a club than an info sharing board. Just wondering if anyone has ...
    <cite>www.survivalmonkey.com/.../14253-any-members-alpha-rubicon.html</cite> - Cached

Welcome aboard.
    Time will tell if you are policing for AR.
    it is interesting your first two post are in regard to AR, but I'm sure we will see many other posts on the Monkey from you that will show you are not a AR watch dog.
    And personally I could care less if you are or are not, I do care however if you are here to contribute and share and not here to troll.
    Like I said welcome aboard and I will be looking forward to your posts of sharing info here on the Monkey.

3. 45acpJHP

45acpJHP Monkey+

4. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Panties in a bunch? You reveal much with that phrase. The mutual respect you speak of is no more evident in your post than it was while I was a member of the Rubicon.

At the end of the day, if you're happy there, then you're getting your money's worth. That's all that should matter. Regardless, I would like to welcome you to the Monkey as well. Despite the fact that you're admittedly somewhat new to preparedness, there are many here who are far newer than you, and I'm sure you know much that will help them out. I'm sure you have some specific knowledge that would be useful to us old timers as well, and that you share it. I hope you build up a good post count here, and that few if any of them land in this thread, which certainly doesn't need any more CPR...

Best,

FPG

5. capt45

capt45 Monkey+

I went over to AR to check out the intro page and the 'Lunatic..." link. It sounds a lot like a site I used to post on, where the owner encouraged sponsorships at different levels in order to use an avatar. "War" reminds me of that guy.

Any connection? I wouldn't think he'd handle two major sites. If it's the same guy, I think he is/was in NC. [peep]

6. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

Interesting, when I first got on the board here I got a PM that said "I know who you are". At the time I figgured it was "Warlord". A veiled threat maybe? I was booted from AR. Yeah, I am a bit wacked as my friends wi testify to, and I admit it. There are alot of very good people on AR, helpfull and caring. The ones I FTFed with are worth knowing, however none of them correspond with me any more. HMMM
    Just my 2 cents. Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you put in your 2 cents?

7. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Either way, 1 or 2 penny's are worthless

8. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

Panties in a bunch, huh? I love how honest, open dialog becomes having your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you (in my experience that is typical Rubicon behavior). Very mature way to start a discussion.[applaud]

Again, as I stated previously, as with all things in life, YMMV. If the Rubicon works for you I am truly glad. However, I would be remiss if I didn't post my experiences while a member. There are, regardless of what the Rubicon would like for others to think, two sides to every story.

9. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Well put, BadgeBunny. Bottom line is, a question was asked. Those of us with actual experience have responded with firsthand information (ironic that the Rubicon claims to stand for this!) which has by and large not been flattering.

Various Rubicon acolytes keep joining up to make a handful of posts in defense of their group, doing much to validate our criticisms in the process. Their words are what keeps this thread alive...

10. Quigley_Sharps

this just in.....
    California made it illegal Jan 1st to intimidate, threaten or defraud someone using a website. "States passed laws last year to directly address cyber bullying and the use of technology to steal identities and misrepresent who you are online," said Meagan Dorsch, director of public affairs for the National Conference of State Legislatures, a bipartisan group that offers data and research to legislators nationwide. "There are a lot of examples of states expanding their current laws to try to protect the public while they engage in new technologies.

11. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Sounds like a cult. War needs for about 10-20 people to join just to give him grief. He'll ban them.
    Then 10 more join, again and again. LOL.

hank2222 likes this.
  12. Zoub

Zoub Monkey+

Holy thread rersurection Batman!

Just once I have wanted to be the guy who resurects old threads for dumbass reasons.

I mistyped the AR web address inmy browser, ended up on Bling and one of the links it popped up was to this thread. What the hell, I clicked it since I am pretty sure I have NEVER been to Survival Monkey. Heard of it, just never came here.

Now I have.

I think I can safely say of all the people who posted in this thread I know the most, both from the web and in real life. I think even Melbo would say I am no cult member.

I don't beleive in 100%. Perfection does not exist. Same goes for the truth. No one person knows it all or sees it all. There is some truth to every sterotype, every rumor, every perspective. No one is wrong and no one is a liar. For Humans, perception is reality.

There are 360 degress in every circle. From where they are standing, few people ever make it to the opposite side of the circle.

I am sure more than one poster in this thread wears panties, he just won't admit it. Time for some Easter Chocolate!

13. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

if you notice that the socalled Rubbies types are as the fireplace guy put very socalled vocal about the support of there site..

I been over there a couple of times and there is some good info and some bad info also but just like the whole thing of the internet there is many things floating around in electronic space

14. cool hand luke

cool hand luke Monkey+

can't get the page to load. darn.

15. figurehead

figurehead Monkey+

Member for several years over there

and still am. I was raised with a preparedness mindset so there's not much too shocking on AR. What it is is impressive. Money-making scheme? I think not at $5 per month dues. LOL

"Hello. I'm Figurehead and I hate KoolAid. I never touch the stuff."

The membership runs the gamut from deployed military to blacksmiths to writers to top-notch MDs. The admins are level-headed sorts not prone to hysterics. Are there cliques within AR? Maybe yes, maybe no. Aren't You closer to people you've met in real time as opposed to the ones you only know from behind the safety of your keyboard?

Folks who get bounced from AR early on usually have a meltdown at very predictable milestones -- and they do it very loudly, publicly, and spectacularly. Makes a jaded old-timer want to get out the lawn chair and sell popcorn sometimes. But I'm crotchety that way sometimes.

Why do they get bounced? Well, fer instance, if the yogurt hits the ventilator in a big way, do you want to entrust your safety and that of your family to somebody who goes postal after a short period of stress? Not me, bud. Which is not to say that long-time members can't have issues from time to time. If you're struggling visibly, there's somebody who'll take you aside to find out what going on and then help you.

After a major disaster several years ago, I started thinking really hard about ramping up my preparedness on many fronts. I researched all the online sites for about 6 months and kept coming back to AR because of the quality of evidence-based information it provided. "I think this should work" or "People say this works" just doesn't cut it for me. For me, if I haven't tested a technique, a skill, or a piece of equipment before I need it, then I assume it will fail at the worst possible time.

At the time I applied, there were no open membership spots. I sent Warlord an email anyway and told him about my world view and what I thought I could contribute and what I wanted to learn. I became a probie within a day and made full member in a short while. It helps to know yourself and your own limitations. Believe me, I'm a really smart person but I'm in awe of the expertise our members have.

Yes, some have less formal education than others. So what? I have a master's degree but I didn't know how to set up solar panels to help power my home or bugout equipment. Now I do. Pretty cheap instruction for $5 a month.

I like the group or else I wouldn't still be there. I'm not a joiner just to belong somewhere. I think of AR as being a force multiplier. Just my two cents' worth.

16. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

i see another Rubbie has join the site and they are going to be popping out of the woodwork now and i guess it time to smoke them out

Also go and google the website and you can not see it for it keeps comeing up era404 or can not display the website ..

Also look around at the other websites on the internet and for every pro for the website there is 10 neg post about the place ..

so remember you have a brain use it ..

17. Quigley_Sharps

Nice first post, way to contribute to SM info.
    Welcome aboard , no 5.00 cover charge here. The membership is smart enough here they don't need internet nanny membership police to know who they want to meet or not .
    Be sure to read the COC here and follow and there wont be any "yogurt hitting the ventilator in a big way"

Zoub
    Welcome aboard.
    No Pantie sniffing allowed here :eek:

kellory, Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
  18. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Why a person would pay for information that is readily available on the Internet is beyond me.

The more people you can wake up and educate on the preppers mindset, is that many less we all need to worry about defending yourself from. Hiding information to only a chosen few, great plan.

Seems there are some members that are not practicing what they preach elsewhere.

ETA: I like grape Kool-Aid :lol:

kellory and hank2222 like this.
  19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Hell of a thread Monkey's.... had not dug into this previously but it tells a story of what you can do right and what you can do wrong in the survival community. I for one consider myself more a survivalist than a prepper... but these guys took it to a freaky level. Interesting to know if there are remants of membership here or what the end game was on the subject... maybe someone like @ghrit can provide some background as we are years later...maybe.
    YD

20. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Hey @Zoub Long time eh? Yeah. I vouch for you as for real. As real as it gets - Sorry it took me 2 years to ack this

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7