Any opinions of Fred Thompson?????

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by gillman7, Mar 14, 2007.

1. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Too honest to survive in the lying, back-stabbing world of running for president. Fred will tell you the truth, exactly what he believes and will try to carry out.

People will re-elect a Clinton or Edwin Edwards even after he's been caught lying, stealing, adultering, lying about stealing, lying about adultering......., anyway you get the picture.

People want to be lied to. If the economy is headed for the cellar, they don't want to know, they just want to be told-ala Clinton-"The economy's fine, and speaking of fine, look how that new intern fills out that blue dress."

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Our media seems to be very unkind to the honest guys with integrity and moarals. Mr. Smith would never make it to Washington in 2007. Nightly news doesn't even mention Ron Paul as a Repub candidate even though he's spent many terms in the House

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

He will be glossed over because he is too practical and likeable....not presidential material for the masses.

5. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

I like his acting [booze]

6. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

See, maybe I am too much like Tracy, the eternal optomist, but I am hoping that America is looking for another Reagen, and will accept and support him.

The only two Republican candidates that are worth considering are not getting much press, Ron Paul, and Fred Thompson. I love the Liberal Media!

7. WTA

WTA Monkey+++

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat but I think everyone is right about the media. He would be ripped to pieces just for being the way he is.
    I have a little experience in that area.

8. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I am already tired of the 2008 presidential campaign, I mean....it isn't even 2008 yet.

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

He really made some nice sub-machineguns.

10. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

That was his cousin, Ed Thompson.

:D

I like Fred as a actor.....but I'm leary of actors as Presidents since the last one was an alledged fiscal conservative that oversaw a tripled federal debt his 8 years in office.

1980.....Fed debt was just under 1 trillion
    ( Took 200 years to get to the first trillion )

1988.....Fed debt was 2.7 trillion.

And they've been off to the races every since.

Reagonomics was "Put it on the national credit card"

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

So...

Because he won't win, he shouldn't try?

Because the media won't give him the attention he deserves, we shouldn't be allowed to have the option?

Too honest? Too moral? Too practical? Too likeable?
    Helllooo. [phone] Do you hear yourselves?

12. 155gunner

155gunner Monkey+++ Founding Member

He is the the only Republican I would vote for at this time. I like Ron Paul but don't think he would stand a chance.

13. ghostrider

Would be very much like Reagan as a people person.

14. ghostrider

Actually, he could win.
    He is not presently a Washington insider, which means millions of votes when America is looking for a change.

He is not a media darling so they will ignore him, and hope he goes away.

Tracy, I realize you are an optimist, and always try to look on the bright side of things, but let me tell you how the world really works.
    Honesty, morality, practicality, and likeability won't get you as far in politics as conniving, lying, misrepresenting, and coersion.

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

You gotta owe people something so they think they can call in their marker after you've weaseled your way into a position of power. ( ask Hilliary)

16. andy

andy Monkey+++

[ditto] i hate it but i feel you guys are right, but all in all i'd vote for Fred...

17. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

One poll put him secound for the Rep. party and he's not even running yet. [dunno]

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7