Any Positive Aspects of Inflation?

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by 3M-TA3, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

No worries , But when you buy in big amounts , price is cheaper and you have a bit of say . t
    I looked it up , just B4 the AG push to topple the stock market , they hammered it down ,
    3 Monsters at 15300$ Cdn 500 coins of 1 troy oz / 31.103 grams
    30.60 per coin. now they are 43.xx .
    Gold has been hammered but is lower than AG ,, Buy AU now
    Sloth

2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

It's getting hard to find any actual silver anymore. Sure, the price is cheap, but nobody has inventory and if they do, it's almost $10 over spot.

Idahoser and VisuTrac like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Smart people buy silver with their stimulus check. Geniuses buy AR15s.

mysterymet and johnbb like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Of course uncle sugar doesn’t send me any stimie since he thinks I make too much because I am an evil capitalist pig.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

interesting video on hyperinflation

6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

If you haven't started buying BTC, gold, and silver or even land, then now is the best time you are going to get. BTC is very very low priced right now. Gold and silver are extremely low priced but you may have to wait for the dollar to crash or the gold backed YUAN to affect things before you see a massive return. Land is over priced right now but we are in a crazy time so who knows where its going.

So short term put your dollars in BTC or Monero (returns within the year).
    Med term, put money in gold and silver (10-15 years).
    Long term, put money in land or real estate (for a long long time).

If you want to invest in something that prices may sky rocket, you can try food, guns, and ammo.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    mysterymet likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

enloopious and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Like all fiat currency, BTC only has value so long as others think it does. IMO eventually it will be exposed as a transfer of wealth scheme similar to ponzi. Imaginary things become exactly that sooner or later.

IMO what will have value after economic collapse are physical - land, PM's, raw materials, food production, certain skills.

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

10. enloopious

Bitcoin is the biggest threat to the ILLEGAL banking cartel. This is how the banking cartel fights back. The problem is that people are starting to study finance and realize what hard money is now. They know that there is NO other money that will hold its value like BTC. So when the price dropped down to $47k I bought some more and now its back up to $51k. The only people selling are idiots who don't understand finance. The fiat money system is going to die and it deserves to die. Next they are going to try taxing BTC but that wont work either. Not with places like WASABI that prevent anyone from knowing where the BTC comes from or where it goes. If, by some miracle they are able to get BTC to crash, people will start to realize that they can use Monero and be 100% off govt radar. People want freedom.

When your government prints out 10 trillion dollars it steals 10 trillion dollars from its people. This is theft plain and simple. It is NOT an approved tax. Nobody voted on it. It is deception and theft and a crime! People are now aware of this and they are angry, as they should be. What gives your government the right to steal 10 trillion dollars from you? NOTHING. This theft goes into bankers and politicians pockets directly. This is why the people now use bitcoin and so many other crypto currencies. Because stealing is wrong, even when the dictator does it. A 5yo knows this.

If you are sheep you say something stupid like "the only thing certain in life is death and taxes" because you have been brainwashed to think its true, but if you are still holding on to your freedom you say "not today Satan!" and you realize that God helps those that help themselves. America was founded out of tax protest! We threw the tea into the harbor and refused to pay the taxes because they were 3%. What are they today? Can you imagine the fedgov trying to decrypt every single bitcoin account and transaction so that they can attempt to find the physical person and tax them? Its not going to work so they must rely on fear tactics. If we are lucky those will not work either. Go. Fight. Win! Reclaim your freedom and save the world.

11. enloopious

BTC is not a fiat currency. it is hard money. If you do a bit of research you will see that governments are about to give up and start mining it and supporting it because they have no other choice. The US is debating trying to integrate BTC into its own economy by starting massive crypto farms in an attempt to regulate it. This is a massive opportunity to get some early. Imagine getting gold when it was $20/ounce. I agree with your other points.

https://whatismoneypodcast.com/

12. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

There's not a financial advisor alive that will push loading a portfolio with a single commodity. At this stage, cryptocurrencies are nothing more than another commodity that can be traded for any other commodity. Hard currency it ain't, yet, and will never match pms in terms of hardness. If you like crypto, get some for your portfolio, but diversity of assets remains sound advice. For myself, land rules.

13. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Inflation is great if you're in serious debt (like Uncle Sam).......AND...... your income continues to increase to allow you to pay the debt with inflated currency.
    But both of those have to exist......and often income lags way behind inflation.

14. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

"always" would be more accurate

15. enloopious

Don't get me wrong, I have 1/3 gold and silver 1/3 bitcoin and 1/3 other. All of them stand to benefit from inflation. I find it surprising that people still think of BTC as a gamble. That does explain why the price drops when Biden announces he would like to tax it. All of those people are thinking of it as a stonk or commodity. BTC is money. I can buy a car with it. I can get a credit card that uses it. I can buy pretty much anything with it. I can open a bank account with it. I can pay my companies payroll with it. I can get a loan using it. There is not much that I can do with USD that I can't do with BTC.

Now if we look at gold and silver, I would have to sell it to get a local currency in order to spend it. There are a lot of people that I know who are having trouble traveling with it. They want to go to NZ but can't get their gold and silver to go with them. They also can't get their dollars across the border. I went across 2 borders and they had no way of knowing anything about my BTC.

BTC is the future but the problem is that most people don't understand its true nature yet. It is money as a form of energy. This was predicted in the 70s by Buckminster Fuller and people who have studied him were waiting for it. They all got in on the ground floor because they understood what it was. Those who haven't got into it yet are going to be last people to the party and will remain poor. They are the analysis paralysis ones who never act because they can see all of the down sides but never how it could work. BTC in not going away.

16. enloopious

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@enloopious regarding BTC I hope I am wrong and your BTC assets are safe. Personally I trust Biden to uphold our 2A and other civil rights than I currently do for BTC.

VisuTrac and mysterymet like this.
  18. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Some non personal positive aspects. A weak dollar accomplishes a couple of things:
    1. It becomes cheaper to manufacture here due to the relative value of the dollar to other currencies, which hopefully brings more non service industry job growth.
    2. China, who I feel is an enemy, gets further burned on any investments made on US currency including bonds.
    The main thing is not to let it devalue enough to lose the USD as the world reserve currency.

enloopious likes this.
  19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

With inflation savers and lenders are burnt. People who use debt to buy hard assets make put because they can pay it off with inflated currency. If there is deflation the people with debt get wiped out. Since either is a possibility I make paying off debt first priority and diversify my other investments in hard assets, PM and other things. For the other things like crypto, stocks, bonds, cash based assets I try not to have too much in any one thing.

Merkun and 3M-TA3 like this.
  20. enloopious

I think the most important thing for us to know is that WHILE the inflation is going the only real value for us is how fast we spend FRNs and how fast our ASSETS start gaining value. There is a window where you can start buying stuff and immediately gain value in the asset. for instance I found a nice house for $50k just as the printing presses went crazy and now its valued at $100k. That doesn't happen often and usually takes years to get that type of a return.

More than anything just know that the dollars lose value every minute you hold them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7