Any reloaders having trouble?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Wild Trapper, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I've been looking for reloading supplies for .308 win. This is the problem!

Can't find very much powder in the type I am looking for. Online, (Midway, Graf's), both list it, but with the out of stock notice. Midway does have some, more than Garf.

Primers - same thing, out of stock.

Bullets and brass also not in great supply, except for the expensive stuff. I really don't need Barnes bullets for what I want my reloads to do.

Is it all selling this fast or are they waiting until after inventory to restock?

Or worse yet is this some kind of conspiracy?

Anyone offer a theory? Am I just being paranoid? [peep]

2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Most anything related to .308 or .223 is in heavy demand.
    But don't worry! -- Obama says there's no need to buy guns & ammo in such a rush :^)

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Wonder what the morning homeland security briefings are like?" What'sup todayJim?"
    well sir Barack Obama has won the election, powder and primer sales are off the charts!.

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I know what you are going through right now WT, but I go through other sources such as TNT Reloading for my podwer and primers. Intill the panic buying slows down, the entire firearms market is going to be hard to get.

5. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Go to www.powdervalleyinc.com They have a fair amount in stock, I know the owners and they are good people. Yeah I've been having some issues with finding some primers but it's starting to come around finally. Hope this helps.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

6. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Seems to me that primer supplies are starting to get back to normal. Shelves were bare starting in October or so....

7. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

This place looks like it's 2 weeks behind in orders, but at this point they do have a better selection than Midway or Garf's still in stock.

8. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

They are good folks and I think their prices are pretty damn good. The nice thing I like is that they don't blow smoke just to make the sale. If they have it great if not then they will try to refer you to who they think may have it.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A couple weeks ago, our local Sportsman's Warehouse had plenty primers, but powder and bullets for anything resembling GI loads was scarce! You could find lighter and heavier bullets in .224 and .308 - but not what I need for my surplus babies!
    Plenty plated bullets for .45 and .38/.357 - but NO cast lead!

.308 new brass ... faggitaboutit!
    Luckily I have bucketfuls of .223 and 7.62X39. Just need boolits! :D

I bought another 1000 primers of all four types - with what i already had, it'll hold me til they can restock.

What boils my grits is the guys saying, "I bought twelve thousand primers the week before, and can't find any now!"
    Geez - louise .... save some for the rest of us! [loco]

10. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I get my bullets and primers from the range that I work at, and yes, I stocked up when I got word that there would be no more bullets form our supplier until the end of Jan. and the case of primers I got earlier in the month would be the last one "for a while".

So right now I have 9k in primers about 1k in .40S&W bullets, 3K in 9mm bullets and a brand new 8lb jug of Titegroup (brass I get from the range, so that's almost an unlimited supply - .40S&W brass is once fired Speer and 9mm brass is range pickup that is thoroughly inspected)

11. weapons_762

weapons_762 Monkey+++

this time of the year, all manufactors of reloading supplies slack off, to clear out their warehouse space, dont worry it will bounce right back after the first of the year

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7