Any simple hack to lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by jefferson, Sep 7, 2022.

1. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Please share some simple hack to lose belly fat very fast

Alanaana, Dunerunner and Meat like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

fasting/semi-starvation

3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Induce stress. I’m around #220 for the first time in years. Seriously though, cut firewood or something like that.

Dunerunner and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you cut and stack wood all day you can eat what ever you want.
    Lumber jack diet.

sec_monkey and CraftyMofo like this.
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Anything that gets you bending down a lot and working the mid section out. Cutting, splitting and stacking firewood is indeed a belly buster. Starvation works as well but I would not advise it. Low carb/sugar high Protein and Fiber diet. Being COLD and active while limiting Carb/Sugar intake works very well. Basically tricks your bodies Primal Instincts into believing hard times are upon you and using that fat as nature intended it to be used. A fuel reserve to to keep you warm and energized when times are lean. Less Twinkies and HoHo's and more Protein and high fiber low carb and sugar. Best passive thing I did to lose fat was simply eliminate Most processed foods from my diet. The sheer amount of salts, sugars and chemical compounds added in processing throws our entire metabolism off the track that millions of years of evolution and natural selection developed it to be. Plus processed foods and drinks are like a constant stream of HFCS flowing into you and converted to fat in the reserve.

Very few people spend and much energy as they save now days :) That Fat did NOT get there overnight and you are not going to get rid of it overnight :) As much as I hate it I let myself become a Fat Body and am currently changing that 12-14 pounds lost every 3 Months. Docs philosophy on the matter is Losing it fast often creates more health issues than it resolves and losing it fast more often than not is a temp solution and people gain it right back. Losing it slow becomes a trend and long term habit/diet and activity lifestyle change that equals long term weight reduction and a healthy diet not based on salts, sugars and chemicals.

6. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

yeah it really is just arithmetic, burn more calories than you eat. I've found it pretty easy whenever I'm not home to exercise and eat less and accomplish whatever goals I have, quit smoking, lose weight, whatever. It's when I'm comfortable at home that I can't maintain any of that. Except smoking, been 14 years now after smoking for 30.
    I can do it for a time, by making the conscious decision that THIS is what matters to me; it just doesn't last.

CraftyMofo and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Cut out all Sugar, and the high fat milk products, Bread and Starch, and ALL processed foods and your well on your way.
    Just doing the above cut almost 40 pounds in a years time! There really are no excersizes that will burn belly fat, it's not muscle your trying to work, it's FAT, so just exercising is enough! Steppers, Burpies, Man Makers ( if you have a pool/lake/river) and twisters will really crush the weight off ya but the middle is going to take a while!

8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Primal Blueprint - Had worked great for me when I could move. Still maintaining okay with a new hip and new knee on the schedule. Weekly sprints on the beach were the key. Once it became too painful to run the six pack faded away.

3M-TA3 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Everything above about covers it. I recently loss quite a bit of weight as I had to balloon to as much as 220 lbs (normally held about 210-215) after being back stateside and having access to stores full of goodies... (take a moment to realize how good we have it and how wealthy a nation is where we have full aisles, both sides, full of nothing but ice cream). I am now at 165 Ibs so I loss something like 40 - 50 pounds in about 3.5 months.

It's pretty simple but takes determination especially at first but after you get 2 weeks into it then it's really simply. I feel better, more energy, and I sleep better now.

1. No carbs (rice, pasta, breads, etc.). The more you can cut out the better, And, yeah, this includes veggies.
    2. No sugars, processed or even natural sugar like fruits. No alcohol!
    3. Don't eat past 6pm
    4. Weigh yourself ONLY once a week, Sunday morning is good for me, and I still do it.

Once your body is forced to burn fat instead of carbs and sugar you will lose about 5 pounds a week, some more, some less.

Another one that I do sometimes is skip breakfast and eat just lunch and dinner. Apparently, not eating for a short period (16-18 hours fasting) causes your body to accelerate burning fat so some folks fast a day or two per week. Also, if you are more active then of course your body will burn more calories...you will also be hungrier.

That's it! Eat lots of protein. We got an Air Fryer and make good use of it like cook up bacon or wursts which can be eaten later cold or quickly nuked in the microwave to warm them.

There is no tricks or extra expense. It takes a bit of time and determination but when it starts to come off, it will come off fast.

EDIT: The hardest part for me was my wife. She's an excellent cook and loves to cook and I love to eat what she cooks so changing that tradition took some doing on both our parts.

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Same here! When I retired, I was a lean and mean 200 pounds, and over the years, through lack of (real work) serious excersize and the wife's wonderful cooking, I ballooned up to 270 lbs! Not good, and what's worse, no matter how much I worked out, it wouldn't come off, instead, I built up muscle mass I didn't want or need, looked all roieded out! It's been a tough road giving up on all the wife's super tasty cooking, but that and cutting out all the carbs and sugars and dairy is what finally started working. I'm finally down to around 220 and set my goal at 190ish! We're getting there, just need to keep at it!

sec_monkey, 3M-TA3 and Dunerunner like this.
  11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

You have to condition your body to burn fats. Your body will choose sugars before fats because it is quick and available. KETO and moderate exercise is one alternative combined with intermediate fasting but consult your doctor before dedicating yourself to any diet or exercise program.

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

One musical group recommended living on vitamin C and cocaine down on Bourbon street.
    Don't do that! You'll be grateful or dead?

13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

A few years back ,, I was in a walmart ,, going down the aisles ,, I passed a bathroom scale ,, set it on the floor ,, stepped on it ,, it read 305 . That was with keys , change , wallet , knives , work boots ,, because I work . I figured I had 5-10 pounds of junk on me . I had a fresh out of the Marine Corps boy working with me . It had been 30+ years since I left the Corps . But he talked me into a juice diet . Bought a juicer machine ,, did only juices , oatmeal , and salads for 3 months or better ,, I lost nearly 50 pounds in those 3 months ,, and sadly ,, I've put back on about 25 of them pounds . It might take 2-3 weeks where you don't feel like you're starving ,, but staying busy will help .
    Watch a movie/ documentary called " Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead . I've always has pretty good will power when I put my mind to it ,, so ,, get your mind right ,, and you'll knock them pounds right out .

14. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Alcohol consumption doesn't prevent weight loss. It suspends it until the carbs from the alcohol are consumed. I've conducted extensive testing of this over the last five years or so, but the long term results are inconclusive. Further testing is necessary. ;)

15. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Since I moved back to the US 2 years ago I have been struggling with eating healthy. The food in the US is so processed and mass produced it is the unhealthiest in the world. They call it the SAD diet. Standard American Diet.
    I went for over a dozen years living overseas and had no problem with weight, cholesterol, blood sugar etc. But after two years back in the states I'm fighting all of that again.
    I only eat fast food once in a blue moon. Maybe a pizza every couple of months. But the food at the stores is horrible. All processed, loaded with preservatives. Meat full of hormones, steroids and antibiotics.
    I try to buy as much "organic" as possible but that is often just a racket to jack up prices.
    I'm getting ready to buy a chest type freezer and fill it with meat from a local farm that raises and butchers thier own grass fed, hormone free beef. But other than that there is really no alternative in my area for a farmers market for fresh veggies.
    It is really amazing the difference in food. Whenever I would come come home for a visit I couldn't hardly eat the food here. It was so obvious. After being here for awhile you don't notice it anymore.

jim2, Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[LMAO][LMAO]
    I am willing to make some sacrifices as well to help in your research . [booze] Wait a minute ,,, I have been helping ,,, Dammit man ,,,I forgot to take notes . Guess I'll just have to start over .
    Oh well ,,,,, [boozingbuddies][boozingbuddies]

17. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Fad diets, or any other way of eating that you cannot sustain for the rest of your life, will yield temporary results, that will go away, as soon as you stop eating that way.
    ~6 years ago, I lost 70 pounds, in 6 months time, simply by cutting out all the starchy carbs from my diet: bread, pasta, rice & potatoes. But as soon as I started re-introducing them into my diet, I soon found myself re-visiting the old, BAD habits again, and gained back much of that weight, over a couple years time.

The best book I've read, that I believe may lead to long term weight loss that's sustainable (but haven't yet tried, myself) is called "Always Hungry", written by David Ludwig, MD, PhD. His methodology starts you out with a keto-type diet, long enough to get your body to start ketosis, the burning of fat for fuel. Then switches you to something closer to a Paleo diet, to get your weight down in a controlled manner, then switching you to a good healthy, long term eating plan, that anyone SHOULD be able to follow, for a long time. Because that's what it's going to take, if you want to keep that fat off.....changing your lifestyle, to fit your goals. If you go back to your old ways of eating, you're really no different than a junkie who comes clean, then starts hanging out with the same old friends that are still using. Eventually, you'll start back, too!

The book I mentioned above has a companion volume, by the same author, named "Always Delicious", which covers more of the meal plans, and recipes that you can use for each of the three periods during the change in your dietary habits. I can't attach my copies here, because they're in epub format, so I'll see if I can't give you download links, below. For reading them, I would suggest downloading a free e-book reader, "FBreader" ("Favorite Book reader"). It'll open just about any format of e-book out there, including Kindle (mobi), Nook (epub), or PDF. (y)

Always Hungry: Z-Library single sign on (~2 MB)
    Always Delicious: Z-Library single sign on (~42 MB)
    Favourite Book Reader – FBReader (at the top of the page, click on "Platform", to access the download page for the platform you wish to download to; i.e.-Windows, Chrome, Android, etc)

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  18. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The Brit dude, Alford Hickok said, to lose 20 pounds of fat...use a knife

To lose 200 pounds of ugly fat, use a gun.

Prolly easier to eat less, walk more.

19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

^^^This^^^

Fat is not the enemy, it's fructose and sucrose, meaning all those carbs listed above. Your liver winds up having to work overtime pulling all those carbs out of your blood and your pancreas gets over stressed making insulin (the hormone that tells the liver to convert those carbs to fat). Processed foods are full of poisons that they call preservatives, and guess what else the liver has to do? Yup it removes the poisons from our blood. Ditto for GMO foods. GMO in and of itself isn't so bad, but most GMO's are designed to provide high tolerance to pesticides, which means more poison in all of your food, even that nice salad.

We should be seeing at this point that our modern diet is beating the crap out of the livers, which has 64 functions beyond what I mentioned above. The liver also is the organ most responsible for our metabolism. So, while we are beating it to death processing carbs beyond what we are designed to consume and forcing it to work overtime neutralizing toxins at levels it wasn't designed to deal with, we are then disappointed that we don't have enough energy to burn off those calories.

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I had a runner's body...then I hit 40 and stopped running, and swimming, and going to the gym! I went up to 275 lbs.! Losing my job saved my life, cause I stopped drinking colas at work and started exercising and eating right. In 4 months, I lost about 55 lbs and started a new job. I started swimming and joined a gym, and then COVID hit! I need to get back to the gym and swimming, but my hours at work make that harder than before. However, it's an investment in the future...mine!

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7