Any slingshot shooters here?

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by fish, Nov 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

in further reading. it's a weapon and not a firearm I paraphrased incorrectly.

A person may carry, transport, or possess a slingshot, bow and arrow, or crossbow .... if the slingshot, bow, or crossbow is unstrung, enclosed in a case, or carried in a vehicle in a location that
    is not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle.

firearms read identical except they must be unloaded, blah blah ditto as above .....

Yep, a troll from below the mighty mac. But a Yooper at heart. Spent all my summers from birth to graduation from HS in the Copper Country !!

2. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

Check this out. I have built one and have an experimental home made arrow for it out of fiberglass rod, working on a fishing head now. I am using an old, (time wise) but near new condition Shimano open bait casting reel for my reel. Works OK but the improvised whisker biscuit I tried did not stabilize the arrow so I need a real one

Sling Bow (Bow Fishing Mod How To) | The Fishing Hole

Here a wristrocket with several BBs would be excellent for ruffed grouse in heavy timber. May try it

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Nice!! I'd not thought about using a sling shot for fishing. well, experimentation after the ice melts in spring for sure.

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Got mine from Fish!... These are beautiful... well crafted and a heck of alot of fun... been testing with folded index cards (no chance to get out there yet with the real ammo)... in the house and man these are alot of fun...
    I must be a wimp or just old... or these bands are super tough... cant hold the slingshot steady for very long... old farts like me need some practice and conditioning I guess :0)
    Don't hesitate to contact Fish... He makes a hell of a product and it brings back those memories of childhood and fun :0)
    Thanks Fish!

5. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

I made the arrow vanes out of 100 MPH tape.. he has a video on how to do that, somewhere in his list. Pretty much waterproof and easily repaired

Check your state laws first.. it's illegal to use it for fishing here in WA State, I am making mine for adventures in other states, and for survival use. I also am going to make a quiver for it out of PVC, and attach it to my Alice pack frame

6. drdave

drdave Monkey++

I just picked up a few well made wrist rockets at tractor supply for about 10 bucks and gave them to friends as gifts. They also had extra bands for sale. They are surprisingly accurate and as noted nearly silent.

7. dabprod

dabprod Monkey+

Over 55yrs ago as a kid living in Florida, me and some friends used to kill doves with
    what was the most powerful slingshot at the time,a Whamo. We just looked for them sitting on telephone lines and walked as close as we could without spooking them and
    shot them with marbles we bought at a local store. Ammo and slingshot were both cheap to buy and he got pretty good at it. We killed a rabbit now and then too. Later in life I used a wrist rocker to keep squirrels off my bird feeder. Still have the wrist rocket but the surgical tubing has long since fallen apart, wonder where I could
    find some more and how to attach it?

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Any Good Pharmacy should have it in Stock....

9. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Wallyworld should have replacements. Get it wet, put it on, wait until it dries completely and go shooting.

10. Will-IB-Ready

Will-IB-Ready Monkey+

I got my Ergo 2 from Fish this week and I'm loving it!!
    It's so much fun.

Like Visutrac, I also live in Michigan and was a little bummed to find slingshots listed as weapons that need to be cased when traveling.

I make holsters out of kydex and went ahead and made one for the slingshot. I'll have to post some pics up later on.

11. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Kydex Holster Maker?

You caught my attention with your statement about making Kydex holsters. I've been looking for a kydex holster that will fit in the middle of my back (right hand draw) that will accomodate a Glock G30 with a Surefire X300 weapon light. Have you made any such critters or would you consider doing so?

If you have one of them, how much are you charging for it?

12. adhwks

adhwks Monkey+

nice shots!

13. fish

fish Monkey+

glad it got there ok!

14. hoo hoo grub

hoo hoo grub Monkey+

beautiful birds

1. Bishop
  2. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]