Any stores emptied near you?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Harbin, Dec 19, 2012.

1. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

Better watch what you say @oldawg, I heard steel shot is going to be banned and if you have more then 1000 marbles you can be charged as a domestic terrorist, oh and don't even have more then 10 in your pocket at one time

oldawg likes this.
  2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Dang it Scrapman are you telling me that I now have to take my marble stash fishing with me in my LAST almost floatable boat? OH WOE what are us poor unarmed sheep to do?GLOOM,DESPAIR,AND AGONY ON ME!:(

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

;)

"The Halter takes about 2,000 grains of black powder, some wadding, and two pounds of lead BBs."

ditch witch likes this.
  4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Why do those clips make me think of the thread about drones?

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yes, but where would you find a pond at the right angle to the sky?:rolleyes:

6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Thinking more along the lines of the twin .50 mounts we had on our pibbers.

7. kellory

Don't know the term pibbers. (of course, they could be mounted like swivel guns)

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Me neither, but patrol boat would be a good guess. (Yeah, swivels have their place, but a punt gun is overkill for one of those drones. A 410 will do ---)

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Went to wally world this afternoon for S&G
    9mm, .223 and 12Ga. out.
    Big dent in the .40s&w
    only .22LR are thunderbolts. All packages over 50rds gone.

but, the rest of looks normal.
    plenty of .38/.357, .44mag, .45acp and rifle rounds (except the .223)

So YMWV depending on your location.

Wally world here only sells bp rifles so i can't comment on long guns.

10. kellory

Rural King (like Tractor Supply) has ammo out the wazoo. buckets of 1400 .22 long rifle stacked solid on the shelves. Gander Mountain, is doing a brisk business as of last night, but I saw no obvious shortages. I did not make it back to the gun shelves, and racks, but the odd thing was several people were buying just gift cards.

11. VisuTrac

that's not odd, it's Christmas. Lots of people give gift cards.;)

12. kellory

Gift cards are not a panic buy, unless the problem is to find any gift that fits. They were not buying to have on hand or stock-piled, but expecting the cards to be able to buy what they want later. So, the idea of a ban, did not figure into the purchase.

13. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Yahoo had a news story today that Brownells sold out of three years worth of high cap mags in a day.

14. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Obummer wants to be compared to Lincoln, he will be when the second civil war starts.

oldawg and Dawg23 like this.
  15. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

i read somewhere, that a gunshop in NC did over 1 million in business in one day. :D

16. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

the gunshop i frequent here, said business is great, but he's worried about whats going to happen a year from now, if they pass a ban... he said it will probably mean the end of his business :(

17. kellory

the burn of reentry, before the sudden concrete poisoning. Flare hot and bright, then crater. :(

Dawg23 likes this.
  18. VisuTrac

Time to start building our own!

oldawg likes this.
  19. gasman28110

gasman28110 Monkey+

Went to wally word yesterday..... I bought the last of the .22WMR and .22 shorts. They had no buck shot, only steel and bird shot. The clerk said they had more on order but the warehouse was empty also. Local gun shop only high value ammunition left.

20. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

our local gun store is out of all types of assault weapons only have bolt actions in big calibre

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7