Any VB2010 programmers here?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by TheyCall MeBruce, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Some usable stuff there thanks :D Now that my mind is mush I have resorted to writing my ideas on paper, else i'll think of a new way to write some code then forget what the hell I was doing in the first place... Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this ?

But on a good note, I have all the math equations working. Just need to and some code to flip the top and bottom numbers around on the subtraction and division. (Don't want to introduce negatives and decimals yet to my kids)
    That being said I thought about adding some radio buttons for negatives and division with decimals for later in their studies.

The saying "There's always a better way to build a mousetrap" comes to mind right now... or more like "The never ending program" lol

2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Oh my brother, You. Have. No. Idea.

I can't tell you how many "small apps" I've written for my bosses that end being medium sized and then "Hey, can we make this a web app and can it do this? and this? can you change this to do xyz and make it animated so it looks cool?" *blink* *blink*

Guit_fishN and TheyCall MeBruce like this.
  3. Question if I make a data base for all the division problems how would I call them at random from the data base?

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

your query might be like this:
    SELECT TOP 10 * FROM someTable ORDER By NEWID()

I had to go look that one up. Been while since I've had to random query..lol.

6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

A quick note, The KDE Education Project software runs on Unix, BSD and Linux and now on windows, it can also run on a live CD/DVD.

It includes the following apps http://edu.kde.org/applications/all/

It is appropriate for ages 3 to 18.

Since it is open source you get the full source code which you can customize.

7. Thank You for the link Seth , but since I'm in school for programming atm it not only helps my children learn. It helps me learn/remember how to do certain things. Besides, if i keep using someone else's work, how am I to say "I made that program" or learn from my mistakes ... I take pride in the things that I do and prefer to do it myself. It means more when you know you put your own blood sweat and tears into thing :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7