Anybody give a *** about the Superbowl?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Feb 3, 2008.

?

Will you be watching the Superbowl?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2008.
  1. Heck yeah, with beer in hand!

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Only if I can't find anything else on

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. I might tune in to see the new commercials

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. I'll be watching the "puppy bowl" on Animal Planet

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Is that football?

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. No... I'll be relaxing on a sunny beach in the Bahamas

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The Patriots were the Best team in the NFL this season..

The Giants were the Best team on the field yesterday...

Incredible game!

Kudos to the defense for keeping Brady on his backside every play seemingly! Congrats to Strahan for finally getting a ring.

Congrats to Eli....! Even as he was playing well through January, I had the image of Rex Grossman in the back of my mind so I was a little worried that he would have a bad game and it would be back to same old Eli. But he played great.... ..and the last drive was incredible. What a play when it looked like he might get sacked, but stayed on his feet somehow and Tyree somehow caught that....! Wow!

Congrats to Coughlin. I love him winning a ring after all his years with the Jags! I thought pretty much since last year's play-off loss that he had taken them as far as he could .... which was still pretty good since he had taken them essentially from 4-12 to the playoffs. But I thought they needed another coach to put them over the hump..... He certainly proved me wrong and I would argue between him and the O and D-coordinators, they out-coached one of the best coaches in history on the sport's biggest stage......

It was a fun game!

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Ribs, beans, 3 types of enchiladas, strawberry crepes, cucumber salad, cookies, pastries, jalapeno cheddar bean dip, chips, popcorn, beer, soda... It was a fun game ;).

3. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

Husband got together with buddies to watch the game - and came home sober. Must not have been too good of a game ;).

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

After Elway won the superbowl and retired, I was done as well. I followed the Broncos since I was 12, and I figured that was enough of my life already dedicated to the sport. I didn't even receive a ring.

I don't know who is even going to the bowl. Heard rumors about the Giants. My brother would like that.

5. RVM45

RVM45 Monkey+++

.....I lost interest in football back about the time that Deacon Jones got traded to the New England Patriots. Football bores me to tears- though I sometimes watch a game of arena football. Not only is it a much faster game; but those guys seem to truly enjoy playing- at least they did a few years ago, when I last watched them.

.....RVM45 [chopper]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7