Anybody monitoring the Ebola outbreak ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotSoSneaky, Jul 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Stupid good intentions....
    *mutter*mutter*mutter*
    ;);););););)

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I talked to AlaskaChick, last night... She now has SIX Teams in training, specifically going to West Africa.... They are being very selective, about who they send, and the Proceedures, Policies, and Protocols, that these folks will operate under.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

May God watch over them, protect them and give them safe travels.... glad AC does not have to go there!!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

She would go if they would let her, but her health just does not allow that, these days. so,
    she Trains those that can go....

oldawg, NotSoSneaky and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Yard Dart

[​IMG]
    Sierra Leone's top Ebola doctor dies from virus - Yahoo News

6. Yard Dart

Fears grow of Ebola spreading to Europe - Yahoo News

7. mitzip

mitzip Monkey

An interesting thought I just had. Being quarantined as a healthy person coming back and contracting ebola in quarantine. Though, ebola would have needed to have spread to the US for me to contract it in quarantine, theoretically. However, with the media coverage it's been getting, it may already have and we just don't know it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  8. Yard Dart

You just never know....until it is to late....[gasmask]

9. mitzip

mitzip Monkey

Sick American doc's family under "21 day fever watch" here in US. According to my local paper.

Also, Police and military being used now.
    In Ebola fight, security forces to back up doctors - CNN.com

Additionally, Hundreds of aid workers and missionaries being evacuated. Google "ebola hundreds evacuated" for related stories.

10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Yeah I just saw a little news alert thing on Facebook about the evacuation of people in Liberia because of Ebola. Scary thing, it specifically said they were evacuating those already infected. WTF?! That's a BRILLIANT plan...let's not keep sick people quaratined, let's evacuate them and jumpstart a GLOBAL pandemic...

tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

When the PRC starts making loud denials that there are any cases of Ebola in China, is when the pucker factor ratchets up a notch or three. :eek:

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

As I posted on the other ebola thread. This is the behavior that is what concerns me. This is why a whole hospital could get infected and things could spread from there.
    The 5 Most Terrifying Things We Learned About Ebola From 'The Hot Zone' - ABC News

VisuTrac, NotSoSneaky and Yard Dart like this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Just wait for suicide terrorists to become infected and then join the masses (and spread the disease to them) coming across the southern border which are then flown across the US gratis Obama. It's almost like "The Brushfire Plague" coming to life.

it IS probably here already and if not it IS going to come here one way or another.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  15. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

The best way to stop ebola is to isolate it until the victims die off and are properly disposed of.
    Unfortunatly that's not happening.
    Take that American who died before coming to the US, he flew to Nigeria from Liberia while fully symptomatic and eventually passed out in the airport lobby in Nigeria.
    "Nigerian officials were unable to check who might have been exposed on the two ASKY flights, as the airline inexplicably had failed to provide passenger lists."
    ‘He Could Have Brought Ebola Here’: Minnesota Widow on Her Husband - The Daily Beast#

Right out of "The Hot Zone" published in 1995; "Preston points out in the book how the virus is always just a plane ride away from any city in the world."
    The 5 Most Terrifying Things We Learned About Ebola From 'The Hot Zone' - ABC News

And there is the research done in Canada to test the idea that Ebola could be airborne.
    From Pigs to Monkeys, Ebola Goes Airborne | HealthMap

chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  16. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

If this bug goes airborn .... day to day life will change quickly. [OO]

chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  17. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Just ordered more face masks and water filters. And a mooning gnome statuette.

mysterymet and Motomom34 like this.
  18. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

I don't know if the face masks and water filters will help you more than your mooning gnome's will.

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

[​IMG]So, what happens when this guy walks in the hospital with the Ebola patients.....[shtf]

20. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That would require you could see it to judge. Now, assume it is operational....

1. Gator 45/70
  2. DKR
  3. DKR
  4. 3M-TA3
  5. Yard Dart
  6. VHestin
  7. OldDude49
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7