Anybody monitoring the Ebola outbreak ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotSoSneaky, Jul 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If he is just walking thru the Front Door, he is just going to do himself in, as even if he HAD Astrolyte in the Big Black Container, there isn't enough to get passed the first floor, as a human Body just doesn't make GOOD Tamping Material. Lots of Smoke and Noise and a bit of Air Pressure, to make most Glass, blow out. That is about it. The Isolation Ward will NOT be on the Ground Floor, and also will be Highly Restricted, and Guarded by Armed Folks, with Serious Intentions. It would take a much better Plan, with knowledge of the Building, Location of the ISO Unit, and much more sophisticated device than what this dufus is showing.... Just my considered Opinion

VisuTrac likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

It's just an example. My point is, a simple bomb or suicide bomber (who don't care about those Serious Intentions, because they plan to die anyways) could make a carefully designed, expertly staffed perfectly planned isolation chamber into a WMD. All he is doing is adding propellant, and breaching the seals.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Oh, I don't think anyone unauthorized will be getting in. It's the patient and staff on the inside getting out that I'd worry about.

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Very true.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Call me silly, but this would be a futile effort to spread Ebola.... why not just get infected deliberately and jump on the next US or EU plane and touch everyone and everything you can till you fall down... much more effective as a terrorist action. It is up to governments to be screening heavily for anyone coming through POE and ensuring the folks have no signs of illness.... tough stuff indeed!!!

tulianr, 3M-TA3 and Brokor like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Patients are landing today.

7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Call me stupid... But why not a hospital ship for a containment area... we have several old Aircraft carriers that could be moved to an area off shore and containment set up there...

Yard Dart, oldawg and Motomom34 like this.
  8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

yep

9. TexasAggie

TexasAggie Monkey+++

The Clancy novel Executive Orders was about a Mideast country deploying the Ebola virus to the US. Instead of aerosol cans, use refugees.

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

There are more efficient ways of spreading the disease than by blowing up patients insitu. I don't propose to explain how it might be done lest some fools and/or evil people put them into operation.

An underpants bomb may suit the "heroic" fantasies of jihadists....however, death by Ebola may not win those 70 virgins...I'm not sure how a fragmented terrorist enjoys the virgins either, but sacrificing oneself by deliberate self infection wouldn't have much attraction I would have thought.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. kellory

My point was, we put so much care into making sure there are no possible leaks, transfer, touch, anything, and one person who does not intend to continue living (not worried about escape) could completely comp that apple cart. That genie does not like being kept in that lamp.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't disagree that a suicide bomber would be catastrophic in an isolation facility....it will be interesting to see how much effort (material, human, political and diplomatic) will come from first world countries in helping 3rd world countries to contain the outbreak. I hope it won't be any less than the effort taken in recovering the casualties and investigating MH17.

13. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Now in London:

This is NOT good.

And just in off Drudge: Ebola death toll rises to 826

14. Yard Dart

Don't count on them figuring this out any more than MH17 or the missing Malaysia Air flight out yonder..... me thinks that as long as TPTB think it is contained to Africa they will turn a blind eye.... now a gal dying on arrival at the UK may get there attention on what may continue to transpire and spread the disease out of the containment area...... time will tell how bad it gets.

chelloveck and Brokor like this.
  15. kellory

It is said, that anyone can be killed, as long as the perp does not care about escape. Or Ask Kennedy or Reagan, if being caught made them any less shot.

tulianr likes this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  17. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

I'll worry when the test comes back positive, for now it could be anything.

DarkLight and VisuTrac like this.
  18. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Or, hopefully, nothing but food poisoning.

19. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

The latest update is it is likely not Ebola, but testing anyway.

DarkLight and Brokor like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Many US hospitals not prepared for Ebola | Fox News

1. Gator 45/70
  2. DKR
  3. DKR
  4. 3M-TA3
  5. Yard Dart
  6. VHestin
  7. OldDude49
  8. Yard Dart