Anybody monitoring the Ebola outbreak ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotSoSneaky, Jul 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I do not think most of America is ready for Ebola. Seriously. Do you think businesses are thinking- what do we do if this gets out of hand? How would/will the business world deal with an ailing work force. I recall the economy took a small hit when the flu was quite bad on year, but people still went to work.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I think part of the issue is fear... the more afraid folks are the more control they will be willing to accept.... Convince the sheeple that the government need to take certain measures that might infringe of their rights and the will give them up... is there a threat... Yes is a major threat I don't think so... but then again I haven't completed my Masters in Public Health... and I haven't spent a night in a Holiday Inn Express... so YMMY

Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well if the 'researchers' had done their jobs, maybe after having 40+years to study Ebola, there'd be something more concrete about it. The CDC and WHO can't even agree on incubation periods for it...and what is known, is not too encouraging.

4. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

So far, ebola has been confined to the poverty-stricken residents of western Africa. Until affluent western nations are under the threat of ebola there will continue to be next to no research. So far, much, if not most, of the money for ebola research came from the US Army. One hopes that research is with defensive, vice offensive, purposes in mind.

Why Ebola worries the Defense Department - The Washington Post

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  5. mitzip

mitzip Monkey

6. mitzip

mitzip Monkey

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

One comment I read, seemed to say this wonder drug was still in animal trials. Rushing this drug to human use may have unforseen consequences.

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. Gator 45/70
  2. DKR
  3. DKR
  4. 3M-TA3
  5. Yard Dart
  6. VHestin
  7. OldDude49
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7