Anybody still believe in global warming ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

3. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

I believed the man from tennessee's was full of the stuff thats going to be hitting the fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I believe changes in global weather patterns happen all the time, I just don't believe they are human caused. Pisses me off actually that people can be so arrogant to think they control nature. Living out here and trying to make this place a profitable 'hobby' farm, I've learned A: only thing we ever control is ourselves, and B: Mother Nature loves to make us her b*tch. I do believe pollution is bad and not enough people really have any inclination to be environmentally responsible, because it requires work and sacrificing luxuries when they start taking the consequences of their actions seriously.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I never bought into it ever! I disputed one and all. I am old enough to remember when Mother earth News was new, and all the tree huggers thought we had a new ice age on the way. That never happened either. It's sun cycles, always has been always will be, until it flames out and all remaining mankind dies......

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Next is global cooling caused by all the satellite debris blocking the sunlight.

7. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I believe the new catch phrase is "climate change" as if the climate has not changed until now.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[fnny] You reckon that goes with the hope?

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Nah ya'll i was told it's as a result of them damn apollo astronuts.... ya se they knocked the moon out of kilter when they crashed that rocket into it... and the weather ain't been right since...;)

10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I'd honestly be more worried 'bout global cooling than I would about global warming.

11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I would be more worried about global government than either on of those.[freedom]

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

ABSOLUTELY! "Global Warming" occurs every morning when the sun rises......

[fnny]

Seriously, "Global Climate Change" has been occuring ever since the Good Lord created this ball of rock. A good volcanic eruption puts more 'greenhouse gases' into the atmosphere than mankind ever has through out history. We simply aren't THAT significant.

Now, pollution of our environmnet and over-population - THOSE are real issue we Humans MUST address someday soon!

13. Jayway

Jayway Monkey+

Its changed here, over my 25 years residence- used to sit outside at Christmas, never lost any crops to frost. Now last summer, well, it went up to 50*. Today the fields are a boggy mess, its impossible to work as the damn donkey keeps sinking - -

14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well when SHTF, most of the idiots will die out, so that would take care of overpopulation. And I don't want a global government unless I'm running it, and I don't really care for politics, so it's a no-go.

15. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Best Observation Regarding "Global Warming"

During the debate about Global Warming, I heard one commentator with a particularly good bit of insight: "The assumption that humans have caused Global Warming is a feat of arrogance that could only be matched by a group of fleas on an elephant voting to decide where their next destination will be."

16. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

After 70 inches of snow? **** that ****!

17. JaxShooter

JaxShooter Monkey+

Last night the family was at Sea World watching Shamu's Christmas. The theme was "miracles" and they had asked kids what a miracle is. One kid said, "Ending global warming would be a miracle." I had to gag to keep from puking in the aisle.

18. grunt351

grunt351 Monkey+

Believe in global warming? Hope so, how else am I gonna cook my beans and rice?

On a more sober thought. Durn weather around here has change a lot in the 25 years I have been here. Used to be fairly even keel, but now one extreme to another.

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ah yes, a 'good student'.... learned his lessons well. [own2]

Any time such a faulty idea becomes part of the mainstream political agenda, it WILL be hammered home constantly, right or wrong. I still see videos that start off okay, then devolve into the junk science that is "Global Warming".

The running joke is.....
    Al Gore had to cancel his speech in a northern state on Global Warming, due to snow warnings and unseasonable extreme cold........

20. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Do I believe we are doomed unless we revert to 18th century technology? No.

Do I believe that industrialization has had some effect on weather patterns? Yes.

1. DKR
  2. Meat
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Motomom34
  5. tacmotusn
  6. tacmotusn
  7. Seacowboys
  8. Quigley_Sharps
  9. Quigley_Sharps
  10. hacon1
  11. ghrit
  12. Quigley_Sharps