Anybody still believe in global warming ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Warming, cooling? Meh. Since it isn't anthropogenic, there's nothing we can do about it anyway other than stoke the fire or turn on the sprinklers.

2. OzarkSaints

OzarkSaints Monkey++

man made global warming is ********.....however, the fact that right now as I type this it is colder in oklahoma city than in fairbanks alaska is rather disturbing...especially since there have been about 9 days over the last 6 or 7 weeks when it has been colder in atlanta/okc/etc than in anchorage alaska......a fluke is one thing, but that being consistent is another!

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I believe in "Global Brainfarting"....... my evidence.... the entire United States Government from TOP to bottom.

[kneelsuckers]

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Global warming...Global WARMING?![BSf]
    [alllies]

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

6. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I never believed in global warming being man made to begin with, so no, not now, not ever!

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, for the most part I tend to say that I am pretty much the same. :)

However, even since the carbon dioxide influenced by humans and their cars ends up realistically being only a fraction of 1%, which is next to nothing compared to the influence of the sun itself -a fact that all corporate sponsored "scientists" tend to ignore. The goal is to blame the people, inspire a green movement, and incorporate added environment controls which eventually will lead to a series of global taxes which all people will have to pay. With this comes vast amounts of control through the delegation of such authority, (i.e., what good is a tax if it cannot be enforced?) which will demand continued erosion of the rights of the people.

Anyway, like I was saying, even though we are not directly blamed for "global warming", it does exist in the natural cycles of the earth, and to a fair extent perhaps a little beyond this. What I mean is, the earth's atmosphere has been damaged in the past with hundreds upon hundreds of atomic/nuclear tests. Governments all around the world have conducted tests in all levels of our atmosphere, so surely if any negative effects could be seen as the result of mankind, this would be it. It would take a thousand times a million years for humanity to again cause that kind of destruction on the atmosphere with our automobiles. And what about the HAARP system? It's real. There are several arrays all over the world, proven to possess the ability to super heat the ionosphere and potentially rip holes in our atmosphere. Not good at all. So yes, to a certain extent these matters can very well be "man-made", but it isn't We, the People who are to blame. At least, not directly.

8. Seawolf1090

I'm still trying to deal with the mental picture of Alex's "Spider Goats"....... [aiw]

9. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I believe in global warming in the spring and summer, and global cooling in the fall and winter.

10. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I couldn't put it any better [lolol][lolol]

11. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Shoveling in Colorado

Earlier this week, I shoveled a few inches of global warming.

Tomorrow, I'll be shoveling 4 inches of global warming.

Maybe, if we identify all of the global warming enthusiasts in our communities, we can load up all of the accumulated global warming that we have shoveled and dump it in their front yard.

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Or on their Pointy Heads.....[kneelsuckers]

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

When I was a child the weather was so much better. Heck, I hardly had to wear much in the way of clothes except during winter, and then only a few more. It was wonderful outside anytime back then.
    Something is going on now days. It's either too damn cold or too damn hot. There ain't any inbetween. My poor old bones ache something fierce.
    Now if I had me a fancy house 1/5 the size of that liar Al Gore, I could live green in comfort. Global Warming or New Ice Age...... jmho...[stirpot]

14. Seawolf1090

Nah..... go back in the weather records, we have had plenty of colder and hotter times. Even here in northern FLorida, I can remember not-so-fondly riding my little Honda to school in the early 70s with the temp at eleven degrees F! My hands didn't thaw til second period......
    This past winter, we have seen a max low of 14 degrees. So some thirtyfive years later, similar weather........
    It's all a matter of natural cycles.

The only global warming Algore has is his own hot air....... [stirpot]

15. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

I agree what we're seeing is natural cycling. This was still funny.... not my photo.
    Tired of the Cold.

16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Oh noooooo.... ;) That fraction of a percent can be extremely significant.... especially if it originates from data collected from first rate weather stations strategically located within urban heat islands or.... by gosh by golly.... next to the exhaust of jets. Check these photos out... tis good for a deep belly laugh, Watts Up With That?: weather_stations Archives. And oopsie.... they plum forgot to include data from ohhh.... about 800 weather stations, jsullivan -. Just an oversight... move along...nothing to see here... just a few omissions amidst some temperature adjustments. ;) BTW.... here's some very "real" regional heat. Just think of all the humans concentrated in those nasty very bad rotten horrible urban heat islands contributing to the atrocities of AGW, NASA - Satellites Pinpoint Drivers of Urban Heat Islands in the Northeast.
    I totally hate to think this way but I can't help but wonder if the elite already wrote off our urban heat islands as "collateral damage">>>?
    --
    I've seen three of their first rate weather stations myself. One in China.... one in Hawaii and.... one near Madison WI. Seeing is believing. I'm pretty sure the UN's IPCC was a lot like Jiff peanut butter moms... very choosy when selecting which first rate weather stations temperature data would be "chosen" from to roll into the merged HADCRUT data sets they used to "create" those computer models that assumed global warming. Can we say cherry picked and contaminated sites in unison?
    --
    It's our food folk. They know we haven’t been traditionally breeding plants that are cold and drought tolerant because they’re responsible for silencing scientists daring suggest such a diabolical thing in these “warming” times with millions starving "globally"....how heartless of those scientiests to suggest such a preposterous thing that would consider long term sustainability. They know we’ve hit the earth’s carrying capacity and technological “fixes” aren’t coming fast and furious enough to support us. How’d they deal with those "inconvenient truths">>>? Genetic modification of all “save-the-world” staple crops and…. they pulled it off under the guise of saving humanity from the ravages of climate change.
    --
    [FONT=&quot]We should probably start taking a real close look at why it was so important overturning the former ruling against GE alfalfa and the “best science” available that said don’t let it loose on the environment>>>? Why? Because their new and not-so-improved GE alfalfa will ultimately decimate traditionally bred alfalfa currently fed to livestock directly via legalized plantings and indirectly via open pollination. The GE corn…. the GE wheat…. the GE sugar beets…. GE soybeans….. the GE everything that’s cross pollinating with our beloved heirlooms will fail to yield when temps don’t remain ideal for the requisite length of time or when the window of opportunity applying them is missed due to “whacky” weather or humidity levels or too much wind or too little wind or or and…. that’s without factoring in the pesticide-resistant super weeds that will manifest robbing food crops of water and sunlight and essential nutrients as pesticides are applied inconsistent with the labeling out of desperation to save crops. Apply chemicals when ambient air temps are too low and you might as well not be applying happy juice at all as they’re rendered ineffective. Oversimplification but…. too hot and plants shut down their processes to conserve energy…. too cold and plants go DORMANT and can’t “suck” down the herbicide and…. that’s without getting into the logarithmic effect of CO² or a lengthy discussion on differences between C3 and C4 plants.
    [/FONT]

17. cornmonkey

cornmonkey Monkey+

Nope Al Gore is a tard, and i surely hate to see him tell young kids this dribble. The heating and cooling has and will do as it wants to for as long as the old earth is still here.

18. Seawolf1090

Temps can show a lot of difference in a few miles.....
    Our local temp is read at the airport, some ten miles from me. Lets say they show a temp of 30 degrees.
    My local AO temp, given I am outside town on the backside of a ridge, will show 34 degrees, with a lower temp of 32 degrees in the lower spots going in towards town.
    My buddy down in Woodville, some twenty miles away in a lower level - he reads 26 degrees and is scraping ice off his windshield........
    Using my totally unscientific minivan outside temp gauge - I once was driving to Publix Grocery. Average road temp was 101 degrees as it was high summer. At one spot on the highway, it suddenly went to 104 degrees! a quarter mile later, back down to 101.
    Coming back, I saw the same odd readings - so it wasn't my computer acting up! I have no idea what caused that 'hot spot'. Some small local industry there, but nothing I would expect to cause the heat. No 'manufacturing', mostly retail sales.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Here's a bit of science speak on the IPCC mental blinders. This guy rags on them for poor and biased review of papers.

http://rossmckitrick.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/0/8/4808045/gatekeeping_chapter.pdf

28 pages if heavy reading, and some of it is complaining. He's an economist, not a climatologist, but understands well the process that has to be followed to get at good science (these processes have to be followed for any advanced academic work) and he's enough familiar with the subject (it's his field, attacking from an economy point of view) to pick out the faults in the warming theories.

Net of it all is that the IPCC is laden with politics, not science.

20. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I belive... :D

my wife has had these personal global warming events....:(

1. DKR
  2. Meat
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Motomom34
  5. tacmotusn
  6. tacmotusn
  7. Seacowboys
  8. Quigley_Sharps