Anybody still believe in global warming ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

The increased amount of blacktop in that local area can be a factor. Much like "City Effect", where the lack of green spaces in some parts of a city can make the ambient air temp read a few degrees higher than say in the more rural areas, which do not retain and slowly release heat like cement, blacktop, or brick. These "hot spots" or "city effect" can have direct influence on localized (very localized) weather, updrafts, wind patterns, wind shear, etc. This however, is not global warming, it is the thermodynamics of stone-like or dark colored materials.

Here is a great, real life experience of mine that correlates directly to this. One of my first jobs was as a bagboy for Publix (back in the day when the uniform for a bagboy was a dress shirt, tie, slacks, and a hideous green apron). The temperature on the parking lot black top - which had zero shade - according to one customer's in-vehicle thermometer was 115 degrees F. The temperature just 1/2 mile away at my house was 95 degrees F, according to the solid state dial thermometer I had mounted by my pool. Less black top, less concrete, less hot air.

Hot spots like that, if they are large enough, can generate weather conditions - like pushing rain around a downtown area due to the high velocity of thermal updrafts. They can also cause the daily afternoon storms we called a Glades Bangers back in the day, as the high heat being soaked into the wet everglades caused mass evaporation, and with the prevailing winds blowing in from the ocean - pushing hot air into this wet air mass, we had nearly daily massive thunderstorms which lasted anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours. Ah the joys of living in Miami - how I miss that place.

SB21 likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Awesome.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I believe in global warming.
    This MF has been warming since the last ice age ended.

4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Another forgotten factor is the tsunamis that have occurred and altered the axis and rotation of the earth .
    Magnetic field changes and volcanic activity in the oceans ,
    I think that there is more going on IN the earth that is not being discussed that too have an effect in the exterior of the planet .

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The sun is the motor that drives everything that happens on the Earth. This includes temperature which lags behind solar maximums and minimums due to the mass of the Earth. I'm against pollution because I like my planet clean. I don't believe that Man's activity has a significant impact on the Earth's temperature as a whole, though it does in localized areas due to concrete and asphalt.

SB21 likes this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

8. Brokor

Ganado likes this.
  9. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

arleigh likes this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

This is a very well known fact that can be certified correct by any motorcycle rider that travels from the urban areas into the big concrete jungles on just about any winter night .

11. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

upload_2019-8-31_22-52-4.

SB21, Brokor and Mountainman like this.
  12. Brokor

Think about this scenario: The powers that be have decided that simply escaping the coming extinction level event isn't quite good enough. You see, if several other nations also have deep underground military bases and the means to prepare for this cyclic event, then all things being equal, we're back at square one again once the dust settles. No, this will never do. Nothing quite says, "you're not a psycho, we'll show you psycho!" like going around raiding other people's underground bunkers just to become the alpha race and ensure that only the strongest and best get to further the human race.
    Or, they could just be planning to raid some more Afghanistan suburbs and caves.

SB21 likes this.
  13. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ganado likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. Meat
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Motomom34
  5. tacmotusn
  6. tacmotusn
  7. Seacowboys
  8. Quigley_Sharps