Anyone available to video some knife fighting moves?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by impro3000, Nov 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@impro3000 not inappropriate, just not well thought out. We get trolled here frequently by scammers and you didnt say you had a company and would supply a knive and $150 to a skilled knife fighter. You didn't say what the video was being used for. Part of the problem with any written communication is that you have to give all the facts.

Do we have cynical members absolutely! and many times they have kept the rest of us from making mistakes. Don't take it personally, just restate your offer in a way that is understandable in one go.

PS you should see what we did to the guy who was producing survival tv show ;)

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Shameful that your post garnered such cynical responses. You should have received a more proper reception. Whether they believed your intent or not, bottom-line- nice matters.

3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

He still didn't answer the questions...______________________________

Ganado likes this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If the offer was genuine, there would have been a link to the production company with everything in the open and up front. Note that there was no mention of the location, as in "my Denver based production company is looking for..." nor an offer for transportation. Also strange was why the offer was made to a survival board. If I want to buy a truck I'm not likely to go looking in a dry dock for one...

Best case scenario is someone doing a college paper on gullible people. Worst case scenario is that someone got to be the star of their own snuff film.

If @impro3000 continues with the forum and makes even the slightest contribution including posting his bonafides I'll be the first to apologize.

Ganado likes this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Sir, welcome to the forum. I would not be interested in your offer for many reasons, but thank you for the offer.
    I have fought with knives for real, and it is my last choice weapon. I would use a cane first. There are so many better choices for melee fighting, and a spring assisted knife could get you arrested, just for possession.(knife laws vary widely by location, and make less sense than gun laws). If I had to rely on a knife, I'd throw it, and your video would be over in seconds. (I can throw most anything with a point) IMG_20150124_095421487. Please pardon my friends if we appear rude, but there is a non- ending supply of survival show casting agents, and producers for Doomsday Prepper type shows, and endorse my product merchants, that join, post something to buy or sell, or invest in. And never offer anything of value to the forum in knowledge or experience.
    I hope you have more to offer this forum than a small job opportunity that could cause problems for the individual who chose to accept your offer.
    Please do not misconstrue caution as hostility.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

OK, so I went to Youtube...... PM me as to where you can send my $150.....

Ganado likes this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

For $2.99 this wealth of knowledge can be all yours...

That's 90 minutes, which is TWICE the length of time you recommended, for one low price.

BUY NOW

But hurry! This offer won't last for long.

Tully Mars, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  8. impro3000

impro3000 Monkey

A snuff film? Really buddy... a snuff film?

"If the offer was genuine, there would have been a link to the production company..." --- and someone else said I should give them EXACT details of my experience in the martial arts. Honestly... for a simple job posting?

There's an infinite amount of information that i could have provided and questions that could be asked regarding the job, not just the ones that you thought of. And, that would have been answered in a quick skype call after messaging me, as requested in my original post.

Um... if you had bothered to read the original post and to message me as I had requested rather than being publicly childish, sarcastic, condescending and just idiotic, you'd know that this was a job posting for someone to video original content for a project, not for pre-recorded youtube videos.

I agree completely and would not use a knife as a first choice. However, it doesn't change the fact that this project requires original video content regarding defense with a knife. The hiring company needs specifically that topic, and preferably following the outline in the original post.

"a small job opportunity that could cause problems for the individual who chose to accept your offer." - Most likely, the men who filmed the youtube videos above didn't suffer life altering effects from video recording those moves. And, most likely, neither did any of the other hundreds of martial artists and self defense experts who have created knife related self defense videos available all over the web.

And, most likely, neither are the instructors who teach knife tactics every single day in their martial arts schools in nearly every city in the world.

And yes, I can probably get one of them to set up a camera after class tonight and quickly run through the outline I posted for the project for $150. My company does exactly that with mixed martial arts, music instruction, and other topics on a frequent basis, and the instructors are always happy with the payment. We develop good relationships, and I'm generally able to give them ongoing work. I've paid approximately $1200 to a pro cage fighter recently for several hours of submission grappling content, and $500 so far to a jazz guitarist for video on jazz improvisation.

But, I reached out to this forum instead for this project, for efficacy reasons, thinking that a knife related forum may have someone capable of recording a simple 45 minutes of techniques and concepts regarding self-defense with a knife.

Wow, what a mistake. Not a single person followed the instructions to message me for more information. However, almost everyone was quick to insult me, criticize the project, blame me for not giving all the details (but wouldn't message me for them), be sarcastic, condemn the idea of learning to fight with a knife and warn of the danger of OPSEC loss and the doom and gloom that will happen to anyone who dare undertake a simple job of video recording some moves that are taught in dvd's, on youtube and in martial arts schools across the world on a daily basis.

Really guys?

I work in this business and do this all the time. The reality is that one person will put a camera on a tripod & quickly film the project in a couple hours (and already has), he will be pleased to get $150 for his time, our customers in the self-defense niche will be pleased with the video content, I'll have more work available for the person who did the original job (at $150 for 45 minutes of video) and everyone will be happy.

No one will die because 45 minutes of video has been added to the plethora of knife defense instruction already available, no one will suffer life altering problems from recording the moves, and everyone will be happy...

... except for people in this forum.

I'm closing my account here today because of the unbelievable negativity here. Really, guys, it's out of control.

EDIT - This job has been filled. My message notifications have been shut off, so I will not receive any more messages. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Dunerunner likes this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Sir. Would you go to a nudist colony to model clothing? You have come to a prepper forum (people who prize their privacy) and asked them to go very public. That was a poor decision on your part, sir.
    When Preppers go public, they end up on idiot shows like Doomsday Preppers, and are ridiculed publicly and privately for the rest of their lives. Some have been robbed, even threatened. One man's retreat location was robbed and destroyed.
    To go public without good reason, is a violation of the basic rule of OPSEC that this forum lives by.
    You would be more successful, asking for drug trial volunteers at an organic commune.
    Please enjoy the forum for for what it is, instead of trying to twist it to fit your aim.
    You simply chose the wrong venue for your request.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Since you refuse to provide any information, the question is why are you so intent about keeping everything a secret? If this was for real you would establish your credibility which at the BARE MINIMUM would be a link to your production company. Does your production company suck so bad that you are ashamed of it?

By your standards, a woman should agree to meet someone in a dark alley for a date that she had met in an Internet chat room who had given absolutely no details about who they were. I'm astonished that ANYBODY took you up on your offer, but frankly I think you are blowing smoke.

Prove me wrong by providing some details...or do as you say and take your ball home since you obviously have no game.

Dunerunner likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

So?
    How's the knife fighting thread progressing?

Dunerunner and AD1 like this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I would bring a knife to a gun fight, if it was close range.

3M-TA3 and Dunerunner like this.
  13. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I do think the fella was kind of angry BAD BAD Monkeys....lol I guess me asking all you guys to send me just dollar for an unforgettable life lesson of the loss of a dollar is out of the question..[peep]

14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[LMAO] [bow] [LMAO]

Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I don't know, at least with you the money would going to a member who has posted something worthwhile beforehand :D

Alpha Dog, oldawg and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

$150? Try more $$ and a small percentage on each film sold.

@Hanzo
    Me too.

Hanzo likes this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

That is not something I would do. Got lots of real experts out there. I know some and trained with some. I wouldn't consider myself one.

18. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

The skinflint was only offering 150.00? If I knew and liked the guy, I'd do it for 1500.00 and a cut of future profits, but for 150.00 ? No way! He must think we're a bunch of idiots.

Jim

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Matei
  4. Matei
  5. norseman
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: norseman, Mar 8, 2021, 3 replies, in forum: Blades
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. 3M-TA3