anyone familiar with these?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by monkeyman, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I've actually given almost verbatim the same advice to people looking to buy a high-end custom bullet launcher before, I've advised them to buy a GI spec Springfield 1911, wear it out, then they're ready for the high-end gun.

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah I have a .357 Rossi with a 4" barrel that I carry 90%+ of the time (dont always carry in the yard or into criminal protection zones like the post office) except at work. They dont allow employees to carry and the one I have just isnt concielable enouph to get by with. I do reload for .38 spl and have a few hundred loaded up at present and a thousand or 2 to reload when I get a chance to pick up some more bullets.

I figure while the ideal thing would be some of the nicer big name ones, the realistic idea is that want to get something reliable, safe, small and in at least a .38 cal.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

MM, that Dickson is made in West Germany by Rohm Gmbh - it's the basic RG revolver marketed under a different name, which was common back in the 60's and 70's. They varied from crap to good servicable guns. I had the RG57 in .357Magnum - identical to this gun except for larger grip and 4" barrel. A good gun, never had a problem with it. But I did end up selling it.

4. JRhooker

JRhooker Monkey++

Whom ever it is looking to buy the Dickson 38 super.....Forget it ,my brother-in-law in Okla.City had one and when he shot it the cylinder and the bore didn't line up and he just about lost some fingers and part of the hand.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7