Anyone get a kick out of these "off grid" t.v. shows?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Kamchuka, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Meat What do you like about the Brown Family?

Meat likes this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

They all seem cool. Gabe is a bruiser. He's hitting a gym somewhere I can guarantee that. [afro]

Ura-Ki and Kamchuka like this.
  3. Kamchuka

Kamchuka Grease Monkey

My lady says they all look wet, like they just got out of the shower. Dat soul glo though!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

Alaskan Bush people is by far the fakest one on T.V. I used to belong to a face book page of people that lived there. Every thing about it is fake, the cabin is just a set built buy the producers. The other side of the Island is a development. They live in town and just go to the set for filming. I guess they are that dumb in real life too.
    I met one of the people on another show, Life Below Zero on another forum. On that show the people actually lived where it is filmed and show somewhat actual events, but with drama added. Lots of drama.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@D2wing You shouldn't believe every thing you read on FaceBook... There is NO "Development" on Chichgoff Island... What there is, is the Native Village of Hoonah, and three small Fishing Villages. (Elfin Cove, Pelican, and Tenakee Springs) Salt Lake Bay (where BrownTown is located) is 30 Miles from where we live, South, across Icy Straights. Hoonah is half way, in between.
    There is a Thread in the Comms Forum Titled "Path Survey on Sunday" That chronicles my dealings with the Park Slope Production Team, and Brown Family, who AlaskaChick and I, count as Family Friends & Neighbors... We were featured on the Season V episode "Winter Watch" which was filmed here last February. They spent four Days here, then, and were here filming for two days, the previous July, and again in August. Yes, the show is scripted, as are ALL Reality Shows, and Yes, the Family hasn't lived in the Cabin since Billy went to Seattle, and San Diego, for Medical Attention last November. Yes, they do NOT own the Hillman Ranch property, as it is leased on a seven Year Lease, from a Hoonah Family. However, what you see of the Families Personalimties, is exactly the way they are, as seen on the Show.

Ura-Ki, hank2222 and Mountainman like this.
  6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I don't watch those kind of shows anymore really, season one of Doomsday Preppers was okay, but season two was literally painful to watch. I cringe even thinking about it now. Dude You're Screwed was to me showing how they're(the 'survival' shows) not meant to be taken at face value. DYS I watched for entertainment value, because I got a kick out of watching a bunch of guys doing stupid crap to each other. Though even in 'reality' shows, there are things to learn, you shouldn't automatically dismiss them as the crap they are. I mean even crap can be informative, it can tell you things about whoever left it there, you sure don't wanna be following a bear scat trail when you're only equipped for raccoons.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Exactly most if not all are crap but you can learn things even just looking at crap.

Like if you don't have a source or sources of drinkable water don't bother even trying.
    If you are a squeamish generation snow flake libtard too afraid to own and use a gun or chain saw don't bother.
    If you are a squeamish generation snow flake libtard who can't stomach hunting or butchering an animal don't bother.
    If you can't fix things or dont know how to build things, don't bother.
    If your life long skill set has you fully reliant on modern society and other people for pretty much everything, don't bother.
    If you have to fight your wife and kids kicking a screaming the whole way to walk away from comfortable easy city life, you better cut'em loose or don't bother.
    If you thought YouTube will teach you everything you need to know, don't bother trying.
    Having even occasional access to serviceable heavy equipment will make like a lot easier.

Ura-Ki, Mountainman and BTPost like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ever wonder "Why so many of these shows" recently?!?!?!? I think Moto hit the nail on the head, these "shows" are not for folks like us, its for the SHEEPLE, who live the easy life with no thought or cares in the world! I used to watch Bear Grills as I know a lot of S.A.S. guys and have much of the very same experiences as they do. Yes, It's mostly fake, or at best things most of us wouldn't be able to do, but I liked the way it was done, and better, It spawned some very good tools and opened more then a few eyes! This life style isn't that hard, Yes it can be challenging, but a thinking man or woman has a much better chance, and always learning and practiceing what you learn I think are the real keys to making this all work! Experience doesn't always have to hurt to be helpful if you have an understanding of what you are trying to do! These Shows, while laughable to us, show the Sheeple that good times can and will come to an end, and if a few of them can learn and start to grow and start down this path, then it was all good! Laugh on at the funny, but like others have pointed, even some of us can and do learn things we didn't know we needed to know!

Mountainman likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Phui. These shows are the modern circuses, entertainment for the masses.

Yard Dart likes this.
  10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I just finished watching the Naked and Afraid XL season 1...I still like them. Mostly because I get to sit around with people and argue about what is going on on screen with it paused.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. Motomom34
  3. Motomom34
  4. CATO
  5. Motomom34
  6. wildernessgal
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7