Anyone have trouble with Corbon ammo?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by fortunateson, Mar 30, 2010.

1. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

I bought a box of .380 hollow points. Took them to the range to test fire in a Ruger LCP. About every 3rd round gave me a failure to extract.

So I'm thinking that the gun has to go back to Ruger.

Before doing so, I decided to take the barrel out and try to fit various cartridges in the chamber.

Sure enough, only the Corbon gave me a tight fit. Wolf and S&B slipped in and out very easily.

Now I'm a bit pissed about that $30 that I threw away on this ammo.

Is this a common problem with Corbon?

Think it's worth writing to them for a refund?

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I swear by Corbon -mid-weight- in any caliber I'd care to carry. Never had a problem except for in my SA Micro-compact that Minuteman now carries. That thing didn't seem to like HPs but I never did give it a proper breakingin with only 120 rounds or so down the pipe.

My Glocks love Corbon. I haven't run any through my LCP yet but the Walther PPKS I sold to a friend had no problems with cb in .380.

How much you got left?

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

A buddy slipped some Buffalo Bore into one of my mags in a G-21 one day and I almost lost hold of it. Great for PP carry but a real bugger to shoot targets with!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Your pistol must have a tight chamber.
    My Colt M1991A1 functions flawlessly with any ammo EXCEPT anything with SPEER stamped on it! It just chokes and will NOT chamber them!

My Egyptian Maadi Cadet (commercial Helwan) likes all 9mm ammo EXCEPT Brown Bear - same thing, won't chamber! It's not just the steel case - it eats Wolf like candy!

6. fortunateson

6 rounds.
    I might b*tch at them a bit and see if they'll take an almost empty box back.

7. Snake Plisken

Snake Plisken Monkey+

My SIG P220 and Para Wart Hog love em'!
    Never a problem.

8. HotWire

HotWire Monkey+

I bet my life on Cor-Bon, as I carry it everyday.
    I have never had a failure to feed.

Just a suggestion here, you may want to check your mags.

9. fortunateson

Maybe I'll post a video. They definitely fit tighter than Wolf or S&B.
    Maybe a bad batch?

10. NATO

NATO Monkey+

When my CCW was a Glock 26, I could swear by Corbon. It ate them like there was no tomorrow (actually I never had any failures with the Glock with any ammo that I ever shot in it),....BUT my new proposed, always with me CCW is a North American Arms Guardian 32 ACP and Corbons will only go in the chamber about 3/4 of the way. I dismantled, and cleaned out the chamber and still no good. Waiting on Buffalo Bore ammo to give them a try,...probably should have never got rid of the Glock but I wanted something even smaller :(

11. coinshooter

coinshooter Monkey+

I carry corbon in my CZ85 Daily.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I had an friend that had a problem with Corbon; he got shot through the waist-band and died.

13. RichB69

RichB69 Monkey+

Gotta try it out!!

I keep my concealed carry Kel-Tec 9mm loaded with corbon I have not fired it at the range. I use pcm for prctice I guess I better put some corbon thru it and make sure its OK. I'm kinda new at this and also new here . This seems like a good forum.

Rich

14. DP509

DP509 Monkey++

I cannot find Corbon anywhere in my area.
    I am happy to get what I can.
    Birmingham, Al.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7