Anyone here familiar with ACCUPLACER or COMPASS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Sep 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I am considering returning to the US for six months there, six months here. Truth be told, I am considering going back to work a bit. (If a company insists on me working for a longer period, I will not return.) But, one can only tolerate so much "hard work" at a retiree. And, I have been retired for a very long time.

I was looking on a school website, to maybe apply for a course or two while there, as well. But, I have never heard of ACCUPLACER or COMPASS requirements. Anyone have children in school who may be familiar with this?

Thanks for any input here.

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

aint got no clue AoG ..

we isnt familiar with skool [LMAO] :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

There are also tons of free college level courses to be had. Even from SEA online.

Asia-Off-Grid and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Monkey++

I believe Compass is a online prep level course

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

It all seems to be games to me. I graduated from U of Texas El Paso in late 1960's, in early 1960's when I got out of USAF school had about 5,000 students, now in 2018 it is about 25,000 students, and this is for a regional university. First interest of most schools is to fill the seats, hopefully with a diverse population, and raise the money to continue to expand. Actual education is a secondary goal at best. With the inflation of degrees, useless but politically correct courses, and student entitlement by ethnic and financial status, higher education is a crap shoot, but you may have to enter the game in order to "update" your now obsolete skills and licenses. God help you if you don't know the proper buzz words, politically correct kow towing etc, and how to protect your butt in the present system. For real knowledge, a lot of free courses and directed readings will be more effective, but since the system didn't get its cut, are of little use in gaining employment.

1. Shinzo
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Yard Dart
  4. tulianr
  5. Mindgrinder
  6. tacmotusn
  7. CATO
  8. CATO
  9. CATO
  10. Quigley_Sharps
  11. Brokor
  12. RightHand