Anyone here follow Martin Lorton (mjlorton), on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Asia-Off-Grid, May 9, 2016.

1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Martin is a switched on guy. I have been following his videos for years. He certainly has very discerning tastes concerning electronics, and also holds an Extra Class Amateur Radio License.

For preppers, he is a super resource. He will test and compare equipment so you and I do not have to. He basically sorts it so we know which units are the best ones to buy. When he reviews something, trust me, he does so with precision. You will see what I mean, once you have viewed the videos in this list.

Martin has a number of series of videos on his playlist page. These include solar installation on your home (BOL), reviews of multi-meters, and tons of other playlists. You can view his complete list of playlists by Clicking Here and scrolling down that page. However, the video series I wanted to let you know about today, is his Two-Way Radio Review Playlist. It is definitely worth a look, especially if you are in the market for portable communications. He has just added his second? last? video to the playlist. (I am not sure, since I have not viewed it yet. But, I am 100% sure, it will be educational for most viewers.)

I recall, back when I first had an active license (dummy me let the thing expire several years ago), Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom were the options to choose from. Of course, they were good good quality products, as well. It's just that, today, there seem to be tons more choices for equipment.

Anyway, I hope you find this thread beneficial.

enloopious and hitchcock4 like this.
  1. Qwertyportne
  2. DKR
  3. William Warren
  4. Tully Mars
  5. sdr
  6. Southbound
  7. bumpshadow
  8. hitchcock4
  9. DKR
  10. SB21
  11. Bandit99