Anyone know why DHS and ICE need 450MM rounds of ammo?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by VisuTrac, Mar 16, 2012.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I find that it seems really strange that
    DHS and ICE need 450 Million rounds of seriously effective LE/SD ammo

So tell me, is this for plinking at the range or is something afoot?

Your call.

.40 Federal HST 180 gr Ammo Gel Test - YouTube

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Use it or lose it budgeting at the federal level. They must have had a surplus.

3. VisuTrac

Use It or Lose it? I might buy that but the federal government's fiscal year currently begins on October 1 and ends on September 30 of the next calendar year. So at this point we are only half way through the fiscal budget year.

Being a conspiracy theorist here I tend to believe it's nefarious.
    [stirpot]

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ubersturmgruppenfuerer Incompetano is, and should be, in fear of 'something' happening in the event her Dark Lord and Master barry the Raging Idiot gets his pink slip come November........ the great unwashed masses of liberaldom won't be pleased, and we know how they tend to 'act out'.

oldawg likes this.
  5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I can guarantee you it ain't for combating illegal immigration. God forbid the asshats actually did their jobs.

E.L. likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Not as sexy

Not a conspiracy or anything - but is it just possible that someone far enough up the food chain finally realized what incredibly s**tty shots these guys (and gals) are and have purchased enough ammo for

(gasp)

Some range time?

Assuming of course, they can find enough dog-shaped targets to practice on....

Alpha Dog, Cephus and BTPost like this.
  7. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I doubt they are stockpiling ammo. I suspect some stockholders are well connected and got a bump in their portfolios. Probably elected representatives.

SS

8. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

They want to have at least a decent chance when they decide to try to take my guns? Oh, and to drive up the price of ammo.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Last election-driven ammo shortage, the .40S&W was the one pistol caliber that stayed on the store shelves the longest, as it wasn't used so much by military/LEO. Now, maybe they intend to rectify that little oversight, and make it disappear along with the rest?
    I don't have any use for .40S&W myself though. And I am very well stocked for what I do use.
    Let Immaculate Deception Two begin! I am ready! [freedom]

10. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

That also is part of the training ammo and requals that happens every three or four months on the federal level .We used about 500,000.rds a year when i was working for a small agency from 223 cal rifle to 12.ga shotgun to 40.cal & 38.special for the old timers who packed a subnose revolvers .So that much ammo is not uncommon for a large agency like DHS or ICE .

11. VisuTrac

but this is not training ammo.

Falcon15 likes this.
  12. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

hehe Visu is a Tnoutdoor9 fan too like me I see :)

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Armadillos...That's right...!!! The border is filthy with them...lol

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and do you think the BigShots at ICE and DHS KNOW the difference, or care......
    Not likely.... ...... YMMV....

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Monkey+

That last part. They'll use it up in time, they just want to jack up the price before Nov. Plus the more they buy the less is on the market for civies. They, like you said, want to be ready to disarm us after Satan's Kenyan Minion gets re-elected and appoints himself Supreme Potentate... but probably that last part came up prior to the order getting put in.

16. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

I bet they are preppers!

VisuTrac likes this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeah, but they are planning on their own survival, not ours.

:mad:

18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I order about 20000 rounds a year for qual on a 30 man department. We have to order extrsa if we do a citizen academy and let the sheep shoot.

19. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

*scoots next to Fed* pssst........can I like borrow a little ammo? :D

20. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Mountainman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7