1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Anyone use a deer cart??

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Hispeedal2, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Well, I was going to make one, but I see prices ranging from $50 to $100. I think I could spend that easily in materials.

Here are the requirements:
    -Post hunting regulations require me to bring whole deer (gutted) to be weighed
    -Mountains range from 5,000 feet to nearly 10,000 feet (zone I am likely to hunt in is 5k-7k)
    -Terrain is steep rocky desert terrain
    -Presence of mountain lions and bears means I need the ability to drop kill at a moment

I was thinking of getting one of these:
    Ameristep Non-Typical Aluminum Deer Cart new in box - eBay (item 300454371471 end time Aug-16-10 12:22:02 PDT)
    And a MOLLE ruck frame to carry this thing.

Any advice?

2. Old Sarge

Old Sarge Old Sarge

Time and material will surely eat up $100, better to buy, than mess with trying to build one from scratch.

3. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

As a pensioner money is tight and I have had 4 spine surgeries so pulling a deer is out of the question. These carts look great for me for deer hauling and carrying multiple packs for camping. I believe SportsmansGuide has these on sale for either $59 or a similar price. I think the material costs would exceed these prices. I am in no way affiliated with the above seller, just an old hurtin' hunter.
    GB
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7