Anyone use a deer cart??

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Hispeedal2, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Well, I was going to make one, but I see prices ranging from $50 to $100. I think I could spend that easily in materials.

Here are the requirements:
    -Post hunting regulations require me to bring whole deer (gutted) to be weighed
    -Mountains range from 5,000 feet to nearly 10,000 feet (zone I am likely to hunt in is 5k-7k)
    -Terrain is steep rocky desert terrain
    -Presence of mountain lions and bears means I need the ability to drop kill at a moment

I was thinking of getting one of these:
    Ameristep Non-Typical Aluminum Deer Cart new in box - eBay (item 300454371471 end time Aug-16-10 12:22:02 PDT)
    And a MOLLE ruck frame to carry this thing.

Any advice?

2. Old Sarge

Old Sarge Old Sarge

Time and material will surely eat up $100, better to buy, than mess with trying to build one from scratch.

3. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

As a pensioner money is tight and I have had 4 spine surgeries so pulling a deer is out of the question. These carts look great for me for deer hauling and carrying multiple packs for camping. I believe SportsmansGuide has these on sale for either $59 or a similar price. I think the material costs would exceed these prices. I am in no way affiliated with the above seller, just an old hurtin' hunter.
    GB
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7