Anyone Use Saffron?

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Hanzo, Jan 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Yikes! Worth it?

Mindgrinder likes this.
  2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Hmmm....ya for my purposes buying the single tower to experiment with at work was worth it.
    I'm working towards replacing the flower beds that surround my office tower with food producing plants. The tower looked quite nice on our office balcony and I certainly got a ton of positive feedback from many coworkers and considerable hype on our corporate forums.
    We cropped off around 100 salads out of it last season and it wasn't even South facing...
    The lettuce was excellent, the spinach also...the kale....well...my soil grown tasted better (well less disgusting) to me but that could also just be my personal taste buds. It should be interesting to see if the inside winter experiment to grow square watermellons will be successful. Sure is startin' off slow....and I'll certainly be messing with some DIY styled similar towers in the spring....

The thread is here:
    Grinders Hydroponic Drinkin' Garden | Survival Monkey Forums

Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Grinder, I've known folks to place small Mellon's in large 12" cinder blocks, and the Mellon's grow like a loaf of bread in the void of the blocks.

Hanzo likes this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Nothing improves Kale like steaming it and adding butter and cider vinegar...

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I think my wife sometimes toasts it with a little olive oil and salt. Not bad dried, crunchy and salty like a chip.

Most times it's just raw. [emoji13] She will add it to salads and blend it into drinks. The drinks are not bad.

1. Ganado
  2. Magdala_Buckley
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Motomom34
  5. Motomom34
  6. runswithdogs
  7. Motomom34
  8. pearlselby
  9. pearlselby
  10. Gopherman
  11. Sassenach
  12. VHestin