Anyone used these?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Jeff Brackett, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Bushnell 10x42 H20 Binoculars

It's anniversary time at work, & I work for one of those companies that gives you a choice of "prizes" every five years. This time around, they have an option I'm pretty interested in - a a pair of Bushnell 10x42 H20 Binoculars. They are listed as waterproof, fogproof, and the reviews on Amazon are outstanding.

Does anyone have any personal experience with these? Pretty sure I'm going to get them, but wanted to see if there are any gotchas that other monkeys have run across.

Features listed are:
    • 100% waterproof, O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for reliable, fog-free performance
    • BaK-4 prisms and multi-coated optics offer crisp clear images with improved light transmission
    • Non-slip rubber armor and Soft Texture Grip absorbs shock and provides a firm grip
    • 10x magnification and 42mm objective diameter; 12-foot close focus distance; 17mm eye relief
    • Large center-focus knob for easy adjustments; Twist-up eyecups; Limited lifetime warranty
    Any input is appreciated.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Those binos are a pretty good medium binocular, but I've never used this model. I had a smaller version, the compact 12x25 just like those, very good. Anybody complaining about fog proofing just needs to get some rain x or some other type of wipes for the lenses. For a while now, I just use a monocular, but for those wanting a medium to full size binocular, for the money these are hard to beat. ---Rubberized is fantastic.

Also, if you know how to use one of these, they can come in handy.

Jeff Brackett and tacmotusn like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7