Apmex inventory for gold bars decimated over the last 24 hours

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by pmbug, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Thanks for the link, I'll have to keep current with it now.

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The usual bargin hunters buying on the down turn. Or for the conspiracy side there's this> Control groups wanting to boost demand. The north's newest gold producer just poured their first bars and need an out put and a higher price to make it worth while. Canada's Largest Gold Mine Moving Along On Schedule, Pours First Gold Bars - Forbes With so much invested they need to keep up the fear of "it's so special to own gold" and it will save your A$$ when the Zombies come..

Just because I don't believe the gold hype doesn't mean I don't watch the fun and games of the maniuplators.

3. pmbug

pmbug Golden Cockroach

Apmex inventory for 1 ozt gold bars was near it's all time high (for as far as I've been tracking [since Dec. 2011]) yesterday morning. Over the last ~24 hours, they sold off 20% of that inventory. Their inventory for 100 ozt silver bars sold off 30% over the same period and now sits near it's all time low at 186 bars.

4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

...And yet the price continues to drop. $1557/oz at this moment in time. I'm waiting for all the miners to give up and stop digging it out of the ground. What about all the coin shops? I wonder when they will stop selling because they are losing too much out of the deal?

My uncle came back from Alaska (over a decade ago, when he retired from the military) with several 5 gallon buckets of dirt... He subsequently bought a motorized panner and it more than paid for itself.

5. pmbug

pmbug Golden Cockroach

Coin shops and metals dealers hedge their inventory. They make money on the buy/sell differential - ie. on volume. Doesn't matter too much to them where spot goes.

Looks like Tulving is sold out of 90% silver.

6. pmbug

pmbug Golden Cockroach

For the first time since I've been watching (since Dec. 2011), Apmex is completely wiped out of 100 ozt silver bars.

7. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I have been watching this. I spoke with someone today who said that gold was way down and done. I quickly retorted, "There was a coordinated attack by governments and central banks to drive the price down. Wait to see the disparity between physical and paper. The wise are buying as much as they can now because the price is right."

8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Then the price will be even better when it drops more!

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm not counting on it to drop more due to the actual cost of production.
    Last time I heard it was around 1200/oz just to get it into ingots,
    that doesn't include profit nor minting costs. So ....

Silver is worse, production cost is nearly 25. So, there is a huge disconnect between physical in your hand cost and fake paper.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7