AR-10 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, Dec 24, 2015.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey Site Supporter++

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Taku, Tully Mars, kellory and 7 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Very Nice!!!!!! [chopper]

Tully Mars, Altoidfishfins and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sweet!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. Xocjm

Xocjm Monkey

Hey I have the same gun!

image.

Taku, 3M-TA3, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I should have put one of those on my Christmas list. Sweet.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

OK!, nice "RIFLE", NO pictures of your "GUN"please. :D Just beating all the grunts here in the tree to it.

3M-TA3, Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  7. Xocjm

Xocjm Monkey

Lol my mistake.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  8. 3M-TA3

Schweet!!! The things that go bump in the night better be pretty careful in your AO. What are those cool looking BUIS?

Compare this rifle to mine - virtually all the parts the same but outfitted for two overlapping but different tasks. That's part of the beauty of the AR platform - almost unlimited configurations. In five minutes either rifle could swap configurations.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Magpul BUIS

3M-TA3 likes this.
  10. Xocjm

Xocjm Monkey

I threw those sights on when I first got it just for show. They would melt on the gas block after long. I have a set of diamond heads on it now.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  11. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

My home built DPMS SASS. Pieced it together over a year after finding the lower new for sale. Identical to the factory version except for the pistol grip and the buttstock
    image.

Yard Dart, Sapper John and 3M-TA3 like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

@AD1 Nice! How does she shoot?

13. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Shoots like a dream. Was up in WY at a friends ranch and lazed a hill side ~367 yards away and we were shooting 10 inch dia rocks all day long with the cheap nikon scope 3x9 on it. Resting on a bipod on the hood of a truck.

Its heavy though. I would not want to hump it and a few hundred rounds of ammo for very long. Not very much recoil with all that mass.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

DMPS-AR10.

This is the 1000 Yd DMPS AR10, 24" Stainless Bull Barrel, Optics is Burris Eliminator III
    4-16X, 50mm Objective, 1200Yd Laser RangeFinder, Bullet Drop Compensating Ballistic Computer, All in one Device.....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Yard Dart, kellory, VisuTrac and 2 others like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

Wow... effin' wow... I was hoping we would see this one...

16. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

To bad we all dont live nearby each other. We would rule if anything happened [gun][js][YD][pirate]

Xocjm, Ganado and 3M-TA3 like this.
  17. Taku

Taku past history. Already prepared.

Just plain sweet all the way around, including that class AAAAA+++++ Scope you put on there :D
    Now you can scratch that 1800 yd itch :)
    Well definitely the IK one :)

3M-TA3 likes this.
  18. 3M-TA3

@Taku - time and load development will tell if I can scratch the 1,000 yard itch with this setup, The scope is 1,000 yard capable though it's a compromise like all things are. Even though it's an entry level tactical scope the glass is very clear and sharp, even through the ARD.

What I think is cool is that in the first four rifles we have seen well executed examples of QCB, SPR, and sniper configurations showing the versatility of the AR-10 platform.

19. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I will be getting a set of these 45deg angled sites for CQB. I had thought about a HWS but concerned about the ruggedness.

image.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I would suggest that a peep sight is not a best choice for CQB. Far better, says me and maybe me only, that some sort of open rear sight would be a far better choice for close work.

AD1 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7