AR-15 Accessories

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Motomom34, Jun 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Motomom34, Tully Mars and Sgt Nambu like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Not trying to bash on you Moto for wanting to "accessorize" your Rifle, Just trying to keep you from un learning all the good training by adding Tacticool stuff that does more bad then good! That's the catch with the AR, you can literally build it into any thing your heart desires! Just need to figure out what your heart desires first, and I recommend experience first!

4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Its great if you have to switch sides to shoot around cover, drop the rifle and go to pistol or of you get a wing clipped.

5. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

The sites above can bu used with my "zero mag" Aimpoint red dot. They are coincident with the red dot IF nothing has been knocked out of alignment.

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You forgot the bayonet
    upload_2017-6-20_19-43-58.

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I don't think @Motomom34 wants to bolt a bunch of crap on her rifle - I think she wants to know what the group in general feels works well for them starting with basics about the hand guard and a question about BAD lever type devices.

8. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I have one on my Mossberg 590A1 SPX
    IMG_1090.PNG

When Asked by my wife Why do you need a shotgun with a bayonet? You all know what the answer was[LMAO]
    590A1 - 9 Shot SPX | O.F. Mossberg & Sons

9. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

If you have gun shows go to one they will have everything set up on a rifle get the feel for what you like and do your add on I like the flat tops with fixed front site and a 50mm scope and high scope mount and I keep a rear sight that o site in in my rifle bag but that's just me everyone different.

10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@AD1 I am a bit confused about the difference between the A.R.M.S #40L-P (I think this is the one you are using) and the A.R.M.S #40L-SP? All, I could find is this which doesn't make much sense to me. Do you know the difference and which one do you recommend?
    "The #40L SP is identical to the #40L but it utilizes our same plane aperture system. This aperture set allows the operator to choose between large and small apertures without worrying about them being zeroed to different ranges. The Small aperture can also be removed if the user desires the larger CQB aperture only."

Motomom34 likes this.
  11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

:5s: and multiple likes!!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  12. Tully Mars

They are the shit.com Bro, they really are. I put them on every build. A fully closed collapsible stock will sometimes interfere with sling movement I've noticed on standard issue buttstocks. Oddly enough I first noticed this on a M&P I was working on for a friend.

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I think the differences are the MOA of the appatures. 0.75 vs 0.50
    Look at the back of the sites in the photos from this page. The descriptions are vague.
    Iron Sights - A.R.M.S., Inc. Shop the Latest Products Now

Motomom34 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Motomom, here is my M&P 15 Sport. I really like it, accurate, reliable and I paid $485, new!

IMG_1157.JPG
    The only items that I've added are a Magpul single point sling mount, an ErgoGrip pistol grip and a Vortex Strike Force red/green dot optic. This is the most add ons on any of my AR's! K.I.S.S. principle!

Motomom34, AD1, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I like how strong that single point sling mount is, but I've always been worried about the potential for noise from the sling clip moving against it. How has that worked for you?

16. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  17. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Well 3M, last thing I snuck up on was the refrigerator.....so no problem so far! :D I have several rolls of the old fashioned, sticky electrical tape. That's what I'd use, tape the sling clip in place! I remember taping the sling on my M-14 before patrolling out to the MDL in Korea. I also keep a can of high temp BBQ paint to spray the stainless barrel of my M-1A.

18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Another big fan of Johnathon Ciener's .22 conversions. I have one in a M16 that is a ball to shoot, but get .22 mags from Blackdog machine shop, they are super well made.

Motomom34 and Tully Mars like this.
  19. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

I guess the NVS wasn't interesting. But the strongest recoiling platform that I can get away with the short eye relief of a stand alone NVS is the 7.62 x 39 mm on a Mini-30. Even then there is a probability of "Scope Eye".

Tully Mars likes this.
  20. Tully Mars

How bout an AR in 7.62x39mm?
    I've really come to believe that in this platform it helps realize the true potential of the cartridge. I love mine.

Gator 45/70 and M118LR like this.
  1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer
  6. Big Ron
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Lancer
  9. Lancer
  10. RouteClearance
  11. HK_User