AR-15 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Sep 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

WOW...I think he may be just a tensie bit sensitive...I dare say I was probably toting a rifle before he was born...it is a shame, I'm sure he probably could have added to the dialogue in a positive way!

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I tend to take "no prior military experience" to often times be a good thing. 250,000 rounds per insurgent in Iraq & Afghanistan versus 5000 per kill in Korea?? Sounds like the training failed to me.

For the record my AR is a DD M4v3 in stock configuration but with VFG removed and the addition of Aimpoint CompM4 & 3x Magnifier in flip to side mount. Oddly though my bonestock SU16C's are my favorite rifles.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

When my qualification run failed with the red dot falling off my flat top AR, I went straight away to irons and haven't looked back. Maybe, some day, I'll put a scope on it.

4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

I agree about all the extra weight causing big headaches -- that's the main reason I'm selling my Sig 556 Swat. It's too heavy for me to lug around (at least for 4-day classes), and that's without any scope or add-on. Live and learn (or is it Learn and Live?).

One thing that I need to have on all my rifles is a two-point sling -- I can't shoot worth beans without one. Many thanks to Appleseed for that.

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I'm a libertarian and your comment was just some snide way of getting a rise out of people. If you have nothing genuine to add to a conversation, it's proper etiquette to not open your trap; it has nothing to do with politics.

As for the magpul's.. they are useful for pulling magazines from pouches. It's just another tool, and I know plenty of servicemen that have used them because these marines suggested them to me.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Let's try to keep this thread on it's intended topic which is the sharing of pictures of AR-15 rifles. It was not intended for the dissection and debate of each component pictured.

Please start new threads for that purpose.

armysgt has requested that we delete him from the forum. We do not delete users but he is free to cease logging in.

7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

armysgt makes some sense even though he seems a bit course. I chose my Burris because it works even with a dead battery. You fought in Nam. Thanks for your service. However rifles, optics and men have come a long way since then. I train every month with a staff sarge who fought in the sand box. He doesn't agree with your opinion of optics. For some of us there is no other option. Im 54 with blended bifocals not 21 with 20/20 vision. However I shoot as well or better then all the young boys I train with. You use what works for you. Then you back it up with more of the same. My stag is a great rifle. It has NEVER JAMMED or let me down. The burris is a quality scope that will be around long after Im dead and gone. Magpul speaks for itsself. The magpul furniture is lighter and it was you who mentioned weight. But Ill echo your remarks on training. If you dont train and test all of your gear ? you will be sorry when it counts. Kingfish

kellory, Airtime, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  8. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Excellent post Kingfish. I went with the Aimpoint CompM4 and 3x magnifier for the very reason that my eyesight isn't so great. I made the decision largely based upon the battle proven durability and reliability of the gear. I figure the sighting system will hold up where I can't count on my glasses to remain serviceable. What some of you may hit accurately at a given range I can't even see without magnification.

BTPost and Kingfish like this.
  9. usmcvet

usmcvet Monkey+

In progress an FN A2 upper and Colt M4 upper.

2B5A696A-orig.

11.5" BCM
    FEEA81D2-orig.

10.5" LMT

C638B344-orig.

730A8DFA-orig.

Marck, Kingfish, UGRev and 1 other person like this.
  10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Here is my current lineup.

A2 upper currently without a lower

Fulton armory NM A2 on a RGuns lower w/ a RRA NM trigger.

The latest build, a 20" heavy barrel by Wilson, free float handguard, RRA Upper, Del ton lower, Jard single stage trigger (4.32lbs +/- .02lb average out of 20 discharges), A2 butstock, Harris bipod (not shown), and a Konus M30.

Stag arms M-4ish carbine (plain ole carbine)

Stag arms M-4ish carbine with the junk on it. Actually, it makes a great coyote rifle!!

And of course my .50 Beowulf. I absolutely LOVE that thing. It is the best damned woods rifle I have ever carried. Lightweight and can punch through brush like nobody's business. She sits on a Bushmaster lower with an Ace stock. There is a RRA NM trigger in it with anti-slide bars on the trigger and hammer pins (you need em with this thing). On top is a Leupold VX-III 3-9X40.
    family.

11. Warscent

Warscent Corus corax

My 12 yr old shooter with dads M-4.
    SSPX0017.

NVBeav and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

ever hit da sherburne ??

13. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Once a month for the trap shoots.

I bet you meant Sherburne, LA not Sherburne, NY though didnt ya?

My cousin lives in Winnfield though...North end of it near a cemetary.

14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I'm not disagreeing with most of this, but, absolutes are always easy to prove wrong. Read up on Operation Acid Gambit, which is just one example of an operation we know about...probably 99% of SOG operations are classified. This happened to be Delta Force:

http://www.specialoperations.com/Operations/Just_Cause/Acid_Gambit/default2.html

Coach+Buzzcut.

15. Warscent

Warscent Corus corax

Times have changed armysgt.Typical SPECWAR rifle has an optic and IR laser at minimum. Some guys go suppressed, some don't depending on preference and the op.Most have a torch, a few dont.9 times out of ten the rifles have an optic,IR laser of some model,supressor,forward grip, and a taclight all at once. All the things you've mentioned. All of these things are in the TTPs now as standard, but SPECOPS also train with backup sights for quals. I do respect the old school. I work with some old dogs from the iron sighted- smooth handguard-wrap the sling days.Ive heard the stories. Ive always looked up to the vets of your time.

All of these strap on toys are useless without proper logistical support of some kind. I am personally against any kind of visible lasers(green or red) or taclights while outside.

As for Mr. kilt..... his pic said enough.

16. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

7th Special Forces group / Green Beret.....notice the light and all have an
    AN/PEQ-2 illuminator.

7th-special-forces-group. green-beret-afghanistan-hr. sf-iraq-bg.

Marck and TheEconomist like this.
  17. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Seals......(see the Calico Jack patch and mustache)

seals-vbss.

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Trap shooter ehh...Yes, Sherburne La.

19. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

I aint much of one. I do break every bird thrown.....most of the time by letting it hit the ground. I recently bought a CZ 712 and I have had a much higher hit ratio than before. I might be able to call myself a trap shooter by fall and not be a liar.
    But anytime someone asks if I want to shoot something I have the same reply....HELL YEAH!!
    You wanna shoot highpower? Hell yeah!
    You wanna shoot bullseye? Hell yeah!
    You wanna shoot trap? Ah, you get the point.

20. Warscent

Warscent Corus corax

Neva been ovah dare me Gaytuh.

1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer
  6. Big Ron
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Lancer
  9. Lancer