AR-15 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Sep 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Re: AR Pic Thread:)

Well, got the AR, only it's not a Stag. Both distributors for the range suddenly became out of stock of just about every AR they had [dunno]. Fortunately, we had a DPMS come in on consignment [winkthumb]
    Sorry for the quality of the pic, but my camera really sucks!! (or maybe it's just my picture making skills)
    [​IMG]

DPMS model A-15, with chrome bolt carrier, flip up rear sight, Eotech sight, Vltor collapsible stock, houge grip, and 3 30rnd mags. I put 100 rounds through it Sat night and not one hiccup. Now I just have to tweak in the sights and get a sling and I'll be set :)

2. andy

andy Monkey+++

ok don't kill me guys, but why AR's? [peep] i have handled M16's and 203's but i'll be the 1st person to admit that i haven't a clue when it comes to getting my own weapon, and after reading this thread i have come to a stark realization... the navy's weapons training SUCKS! but this thread is not the place cuz if asked i'll rant.

so guys please help... i have very little funds but plan on saving up for a long arm and a pistol. i'd like ideas and help. like i said i have fired a M16 so i feel inclinded to lean towards an AR.

any help would be great thanks
    </IMG>

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm a little biased but think about an M14/M1a. You'll get distance as well as hitting power. Nothing against the M16/AR15 or AK but like I siad, I'm a little biased to the M14.

4. andy

andy Monkey+++

RH is the M1a a grand? hows the recoil compared to an M16? i'm about 100 pounds soaking wet and just skin and bones. the M14 kicked my ass once. but i like the idea or reaching out and touching zombies. all i know about the M14 is its 7.62, heavy looks sturdy and used as a long range wepon by USN and USMC.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The M1 Garand was a semi-auto gas rifle designed by Springfield Armory's (the real Springfield Armory) rifle designer John Garand and was the standard infantry service rifle until it was replaced by the M14, also a select fire gas rifle. The M1A (trademarked by Springfield Armory Inc - the commercial company) is the civilian equivalent of the military M14 but without the select fire capabilities.

6. andy

andy Monkey+++

oops, thanks

7. RightHand

BTW, the Garand is a wonderful rifle.

8. andy

andy Monkey+++

one of my old pathfinder(like boy/girl scouts but ran by my church) instructors was in the USMC in korea. he brought one to the meeting it once was very heavy, but i was in 5th grade at the time. he only had good things to say about it. nevered fired one though

9. andy

andy Monkey+++

sorry guys please more pic's of AR's they look great!

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

OK, here's mine the day she arrived.

11. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Not mine, but nice nonetheless.
    SIR-setup-6-Stick (Medium)1.

12. E.L.

Stickman, besides working as a street cop, works in the firearms industry and does beautiful photography.
    IMG_0002%20Stick (Medium)1.

13. E.L.

Nice clean SBR.
    M4_Commando_02 (Medium)1.

Marck likes this.
  14. E.L.

M4gery
    M4gery (Medium)1.

15. davidhR/T

davidhR/T Monkey+++

Here's my Bushmaster M4A3 with EOTech (and my tactical Yorkie!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Damn thats my "Indianna"( "indy" for short) dog! loved that little girl had to put her down last year, tore me up...

17. weapons_762

weapons_762 Monkey+++

yup the Navy's firearm training does and still sucks....lol

Navy vet 81-85 LSD-30

18. weapons_762

weapons_762 Monkey+++

now if i even owned a gun.--shudder-- it would look like this M-4 & mags.jpg

and it would have a Surefire G-2 light on the right side
    M-4 & mags.

19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I believe that I'd photo-shop that AS hole out of the pic if I was gonna call it an SBR

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Did way back too. I never handled even the old springfields they had in GLAKES. I had barracks duty that day. Funny thing is, my hard card was signed off as qualified.

1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer
  6. Big Ron
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Lancer
  9. Lancer
  10. RouteClearance
  11. HK_User
  12. Motomom34