AR-15 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Sep 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. weapons_762

weapons_762 Monkey+++

Re: AR Pic Thread:)

we didnt even hold a rifle, all we had was a very loose .45 with a .22 kit installed, and i couldnt hit the target at 21 yards....., not me the pistol was that bad

2. thepatriot1976

thepatriot1976 Resigned Membership

Sorry, crappy cell phone camera (not enough pixels)!
    DPMS lite 16 m-4 style carbine[troll]
    m4-2.
    m4-2.

3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Let me introduce you to my family.
    At the top my dear wife=DPMS LR308 AP4 7.62 x 51mm
    In the middle, my dear kids=Heritage Arms SAA 22LR/22mag cylinder
    Ruger GP 100 6" bbl 357/38
    S&W Mdl 19 4" bbl 357/38
    Sig 226 4"bbl 357sig/40s&w
    Hk USP Tactile 45 Auto
    And on the bottom, my mistress=Cemte Para Carbine 7.62 x 51 MM

Now this does not include my distant relatives, Shot Guns, 22 rifles, and Smoke poles, my bed is not big enoughfor them all. Yes I am a very happy man.
    100_0218.JPG

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Beautiful families!

5. RevBushmaster

RevBushmaster When in doubt use more C4

These are a few photos of my very basic urban survival kit, and a few pics of friends. We start em' young around here god bless er'... This is the very least,the bare bones in the amount of personal firepower I would suggest one have in case of an emergency. The Armalite' is a Bushmaster 'Dissipater' .223 shown with a 50 round clip and a 30 round clip, and a drum mag (for the .45)....I like iron sights, because there is less to go wrong and no support except for yourself if something does go wrong with your fancy optics.

A bayonet, I also have a belt fitted quality workman tool and a Gerber folding lock blade, and a Gerber fighting blade (not shown), a mossy .12 Ga (I think its the 800) ammo pouches for the 12 ga are easy to find and cheap in army surplus (they are stripper clip pouuches (I think) made for the MI, and are a dime a dozen. Handy they hold four 12 ga shells in each pouch. A Smith and Wesson featherweight stainless hammerless .38 spl that I keep loaded with 129 grain sp. Thats a .50 heavy machine gun round in the trigger well, a spring field armory .45 military spec ....ahhhh' thats all I think, I cant see the photos and I forgot which ones I downloaded! hehe sorry!

I said this is a urban survival kit actually its a rural survival kit. I live in the mountains of east tennessee, thats the reason I don't have any very long range weapons, I may attempt to score or pay my gun man to peice me together a heavy caliber long range peice, in case things get very bad, say a BAR, or a BMG .50 or even modify a big weatherby .460 whatever funds will allow. I am no a gunsmith so I must pay for most of my stuff that I have done, but I do love those big calibers. However I would choose to have a whole lot of .223 clips instead of a few rounds of .50's if you get my drift. I do know brothers that would lug a BAR or .50 rambo like if they had one....anyway I guess I have put everyone to sleep...

The Rev says good nite and god bless ya all...

; }>

BTW I see everyone else has very good taste in weaponry. Its nice to be around such A1 company...I like it here!

; }>

6. RevBushmaster

double post but I am learning.....
    _-_-_-_-_-_-. ---_-_-. -_-_-_-_-_-_. -_---__--.

7. E.L.

Thanks for the pics Rev. Glad to see you start them young, nice arms also. Welcome to the forum and to our merry crew.

8. RevBushmaster

Thanks its a fine forum, I hope to check out the other topics soon, but I am out of weapons now! ; {>

9. RevBushmaster

Hi weapons_762. If anyone should hate the M-16 we should. We as being among the first issued the M16A1. I Got my first one in 1972, I didn't like it, and felt cheated because I got to shoot the M-14 30 cal. and the M-16 before being issued the M-16A1. I hated it, It didn't kick like a mans weapon (having a shock assb in the stock), shot a teeny weeenie 223 cal 'slug' etc. Actually I hated it.

Well, in 2005 I deciede to give the concept a second chance because I like the weight advantage of the light but deadly .223 round. And the other improvements such as not having to clean it after every outing (even though I do). So having a little extra money, I sold the timber on my 13 acres, hated cutting my trees, but needed the cash, and I shopped around for a short , reliable, Hi capacity fairly moderately expensive assault weapon. I wanted a short rifle because I live in the mountains and the mountain laurel, cats brier, and other undergrowth makes a weapon over 20" unwieldy and here in these hills one rarely gets a shot off over 100 meters. what I meant by wanting a I high capacity weapon is the ability to carry at least 500 rounds! One never knows you know? The .223 is light so I have a 40 round clip a bunch of 30 round babyies and a drum mag. The 30 round are far and away the most practical.

So after much ado and research, I deciede on the Dissapator. It has a 16" barrel but the sight is right at the end of the muzzle instead back at the hand grip, and a flat top carry handle for humping up and down these hollers. the sight being located at the end of the barrel makes the iron sights more accurate IMO.

To make a long story short I now love it, the ease of changing the uppers makes it a wildly flexible weapons system. Oh It comes in a .308 cal. too, but If I was going to go that route I would buy a AK which I used to like better than the M-16. One thing about those hi cap mags even the 40 round, they look cool but when you drop into a prone position they are too long . I wouldn't take it on 'patrol' and hopefully will not ever go on a patrol! heh...

Anyway good luck, take your time and shoot a lot of weapons even the bull pup, and for economy hi point makes a dirt cheap assault weapon, I think its 9mm machine pistol style, but I cant offer any real time advice on those two. Shoot the high end HK and such then buy a .223 Bushmaster. heh... ; }>

; }>

10. thepatriot1976

I borrowed a digital camera and got a little better pic's. My rifle's name in Alice and she may look just stock to you but she is special to me and I love her. I am considering changing her attire to camo or just changing out the butt and hand guards with O.D. or coyote brown replacements but I love her all the same. My wife is jealous of her and frankly I may need to speak with a shrink about my love for such a beautiful weapon but among all these monkeys I'm sure I'm not alone in my sentiments. This is my m-4, there are many like it, but this one is mine! Hooah!

[​IMG]

A couple of old friends Alice and Sgt. Slaughter my Glock 21 .45

[​IMG]

My boy with her
    [​IMG]

Alice in her natural environment!
    [​IMG]
    [beer]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Marck likes this.
  11. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

Lets try this again....

[​IMG]

I have to be one of the cools guys and show off too! This young lady has yet to be named....

This is a Fulton 20" ...other than the camo on it, this is about as close to what I carried my first few years in the Army as you can get without the happy-burst. I kinda like the standard, simple things in life.

12. E.L.

I like the camo print Tackleberry.

Patriot, it warms my heart to see you are starting your son out on the right path.

13. RevBushmaster

Nice AR 'thepatroit196'. I like those target acquisition sites and have tried a few but force myself to use iron sites or fiber optic sights like on my mossey 855 which simply look like they fluoresce at low light. Iron sights keeps me honest, I am lazy and would not practice so much if I used the electronic TA sites on my Bushmaster .223. I wonder if those sights have been tested against a EMP? I guess it wouldn't matter much anyway. Again a nice weapon shoot her and keep her clean and warm. She will reward you with that feeling I get when I am holding my .45 or the master, it feels like having a loving , but meanest MFking pit bulling dog in the world at your beck and call.

; }>

ps I too am proud that your kid is not afraid of weapons. The way our boys are feminized now by our (I am trying my Christian best not to cuss...) ^&%%$ PC culture is alarming. Good to see that look of pride in his eyes. God bless you and yours 196....

14. RevBushmaster

Tackleberry, beautiful weapon. Is that a factory camo or did you do it? When I was issued the M16A1 it had the full on rock and roll, no three round burst. I heard the military was going back to true full auto, was that a false rumor? I love full auto.
    ; }>

15. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

I can't take credit for what a friend of mine painted. It is his own pattern for our area, and has it on a few of his weapons. I will probably have him do my 1911A1.

I have been out of the Army for a while. As far as I know, there is still the 3-shot-burst being issued according to some friends of mine. I would bet some of the spec ops guys have the full ride varient M4's though. An M16A1 popped my AR-cherry.

I just like the old standard stock AR with full length everything. You can butt stroke with it, use a bayonet on it, little more range, etc. I love the A2 sights once they have been zeroed to the military 25 meter target...just click it out to 4, 5... if needed ....! You can even guage distance with the front sight post!

16. RevBushmaster

I have a 1911 Springfield armory .45 that I am looking to trade, its OD green mil spec but I am so rough on my weapons I would like to trade it for a SS. The only camo weapon I have is the mossey .12 ga which has a factory job on it that is durable. You mentioned sights, the sights on my bushmaster have the rear sights that are adjustable with a round 'knob' just like the 16A1 I remember but the front site for elevation (which I have not had to adjust) looks like it needs a tool. The post pushes down and there is a little notched wheel for increments. It was perfectly battle zeroed in at about 125 yards, I can hit anything I can see such as a 12 oz soda can, HEY my eyes are a little bad ya know!

In any case I am looking to pay a bit of boot for a SS .45, It doesnt have to be a Springfield and this time I would like a hi cap mag that does not stick out of the butt.

; }>

17. thepatriot1976

Yes I agree but I have a raised rail and can use my Iron sights as well as my red dot. I would never trust just an optic. Thats why I don't like the flat top style AR's unless they have one of those flip up rear sights.

Thank you Rev. for your kind words. Yes I'm training my youngin's right and teaching them the skills they will need to survive in this ever changing unstable world that we live in.

My Daughter's ready too!
    [​IMG]

This is why I don't cheat on my wife. I taught her too well!
    Mary Hitman-a.

[beer]

Mary Hitman-a.

18. thepatriot1976

Thank you E.L.
    [boozingbuddies]

19. RevBushmaster

Nice family! Beatiful wife and child, you are a lucky man my friend. I was married three times and for some reason I didn't have kids. I am 53 and am just now regretting that decision, maybe if I win the lottery....and there is always bogie the basset> If he weren't so old I would Alice him up and he would carry a few extra rounds ....

Oh and those sights. The bushmaster has a big un' and a little un', ghost rings they are called round these parts, is that what you all call them?

; }>

(below what bogie does best) [​IMG]

20. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Another fun one
    2w7eq78.

1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer