AR 15 question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

If you live in a PVT sale state, look at buying a new billet lower and build your own. It really helps understand the operation and function. In AZ we have this great site to buy pvt sale items.
    Arizona - guns for sale: firearms, handguns, rifles - backpage.com

Then pick up a lower parts kit, buffers/tube barrel etc.

Then follow these videos
    https://www.brownells.com/aspx/learn/learndetail.aspx?lid=11004

You dont need "all of the tools" listed in the videos and you can get by with some of the stuff you might have a a trip to Harbor Freight.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Louisiana is a free state. Have done a few person to person in the parking lot at the gun show. And inside as well!

Gator 45/70 and AD1 like this.
  3. Buying an AR at a show is not a good idea. Not to mention this is 2018 not the Clinton era. Your best bet is to talk to your local gunstore and setup a transfer. Then, go on the line, find a reputable AR manufacturer (Palmetto state armory, Model1sales, Fulton armory) and have it transfered. Palmetto state armory is probably the best I have seen thus far. They regularly have specials and combo pricing too. Gun shows worst part is digging through all the venders that sell cheap dimestore crap that have nothing to do with anything....... but, they got it.

4. STGThndr

STGThndr Monkey+

You cannot buy ANY firearm by "mail order", that has been illegal since the 1960's. IF you are a federal licensed gun dealer you can, IF you do the paper-work, or IF you are a federally-licensed collector and do the paperwork, you can buy certain old or obsolete firearms via catalog/e-mail. Otherwise, NEVER.

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

You actually can mail-order or in this day and age, order a gun online. But the typical citizen has to have it SHIPPED to a ffl for pickup / NIC check and paperwork.

Typically it's not coming to your house unless you have a FFL.
    There maybe some thing about person to person long guns within the state you live in but across statelines, yeah, a FFL is in order.
    YMMV

ghrit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IIRC in most states and federal black powder firearms are somewhat exempt from such rules???

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

According to the ATF black powder firearms are not classified as firearms. I could order one from Cabelas/Bass Pro and send it to my house.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

excuse the term “mail order”, I am 70. I have ordered online and received dozens of guns at my local FFL dealer. Sorry if you didn’t understand.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer
  6. Big Ron
  7. Lancer
  8. Lancer
  9. RouteClearance
  10. HK_User
  11. Motomom34