AR -15 Recommendations.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Big Ron, Feb 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I use the snot out of any new weapon and try to find it's faults and if possible correct before it graduates to self defense duty. I'll be looking for these specific things in addition to the usual. Thanks for your input.

Motomom34, The_Prepared and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

Palmetto Armory. Get one with a 5.56mm chamber and either a 1/7 or 1/8 twist. Make sure it has a dust cover and a forward assist. BU sights are a must. Dirt freaking cheap...

Dunerunner and ghrit like this.
  3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

There are a lot of calibers to choose from in the ar 15,my son has one in .223,one in .308 and one in .458 socom. That .458 socom has a lot of power at both ends.

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I’m going to have my next 80% build powder coated pink so it doesn’t look so scary to politicians. I might add some hello kitty decals for an extra calming effect.

Darn it i’m too late
    A Hello Kitty assault rifle that actually exists

5. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I appreciate all the advice. I am going with a PSA Upper in 5.56 and a bare lower and a lower kit that has a better trigger included. Five 30 round PSA mags that come with five boxes of ammo.All this for four hundred bucks. I will have to figure out iron sights and a few other things. Years ago I was going to buy an SKS for 89.00 and didn't do it. So while prices are cheap and I still can buy an AR, I have decided to do it. Happy Fathers day to me!

Yard Dart and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's a smart way to go. By building the lower you will have a better knowledge of how the rifle works making maintenance and repairs easier. You will also appreciate the genius of the Stoner design and how many parts fill more than one role. Also PSA supplies may parts used in the FN half of the current M4 contract.

1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer
  6. Oddcaliber
  7. Lancer
  8. Lancer
  9. RouteClearance
  10. HK_User
  11. Motomom34
  12. AxesAreBetter