AR-15 style shotgun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Aug 6, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ar-15-style-12-gauge-shotgun-akdal-mka-1919-raac/

I'm not suggesting to buy this, so don't flame me.

This review was interesting to me because I just listened to an interview with John Lott in which he stated that the gun grabbers want to ban a gun based on looks more than anything else. Many times, the workings of the gun are the same as hunting guns. So, what you can do with one, you can do with the other. I actually disagree with him somewhat...real mil-spec stuff is much tougher than any hunting rifle and not many hunting rifles have detachable mags...and if they do, they're not over 5-10 rnds.

However, with this "menacing" looking gun, it appears quite true: nothing more than a hunting gun dressed up in hollywood movie furniture.

2. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

It looks like the AR equivalent of what Saiga did to an AK

Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome. FTM/PTB

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The article indicates it has some reliability issues yet, but if they can fix that, it'll sell. It needs at least a ten round magazine too.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

The action is based on the Remington 1100 design, which has some reliability issues of its own.

Improvements to it can be made, but lack of aftermarket magazines has kept me from getting one.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7