AR-15 ugly and just ain't my cup of tea.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Big Ron, Dec 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Black Powder Monkey

One way to keep from "pulling" or such when the priming goes off , is to prime with only as much powder as you need and not a pan full ....You don't need a lot of priming to make the rifle shoot....
    Andy

2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Tried a cap lock? It helped me a bunch....And I don't clean it in the bathtub.I'm married to a redhead.

3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I could shoot the cap fine,sold it and started shooting the old guns,.22hornet,.32swl, .32-20,41,.44 special,.44-40,.45colt,45-70. My next caliber will be the.38-40. But not in blackpowder,yet.

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

You bought a Ruger 10/22 Take Down and the Ruger barrel with integrated suppressor (Silent-SR ISB model 19001)?
    If so, I sure would like to hear a few words on what you think of it either via PM or a Post. I am considering selling my sweet 10/22 just so I can buy one of these. Also, I think, Ruger will do the same type barrel/suppressor for their 9mm PC (Take Down Carbine) as it's based on the same technology and, if so, I will definitely get me one.

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Best Buy is the Buckeye 38/40 - 10mm Blackhawk.
    I hear the price has gone up a lot.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  6. HK_User

Or a Oliver F Winchester 38 55 Model 94

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I always used a 5 USG Plastic Bucket when cleaning my BP Rifles... I Pull the Nipples and then stick the Breach end in the Bucket that has warm, Soapy Water in it... Then using the Ramrod and a Cleaning Patch on the cleaning Jag, pump the water in and out of the Barrel... This scrubs the Bore while loosening the Salts, and residue that dissolve in the Hot Water. I usually give it 5 minutes of that and then move to a bucket of Clean Hot Water, and repeat until the Barrel feels warm.. Then let the Barrel Air Dry for 30 Minutes... Then a couple of Oily Patches up and down the Bore, and replace the Nipple, and reassemble the rifle... takes about an Hour...

8. HK_User

I still have my old 45 cal percussion Kit Rifle.
    CVA .45 CAL. PERCUSSION RIFLE
    Fired it very little because It did not come apart readily and I rigged a hose and suction set up to allow it to be cleaned while in the stock.

Still fun and with a 45 pistol a matching set up.

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Don't know how we went from an AR to a 45/70 lever gun to black powder, but I've never cleaned my 50Cal Great Plains capper like that mentioned above. It's probably a .22 by now!! :eek:

10. AndyinEverson

Well I admit to tossing out the dreaded muzzloading / blackpowder word....I'm bad that way....but we all should know that those new fangled cartridge guns are just a passing fad....:D
    Andy

11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yea, they will never catch on! No Smoke, No Fire, how can they be any good at any thing?
    I surely do like that .58 you posted, I think it's one of the nicest in your collection, and that's sayin somethin, though that Fowler of yours is might fine too!
    If it don't have a ram rod, it's never gonna work! LOL

12. AndyinEverson

Thanks Ura-Ki....one of these days . hopefully sooner than later , we will have to get together so you can shoot 'em...
    Andy

13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yesser, and I'm gonna put a MK-4 Colt Revolving Rifle in yer hands so you can see the pure awesomeness of Col.Colts finest!
    And were gonna do some drinkin, smokin, fartin and tellin of lies after!
    [beer]

14. AndyinEverson

Samuel Colt...?
    He might have known a little 'bout guns...but not when compared to Gaston Glock....:eek::D
    ( Just wanting to see if I can break the internet with that statement...for those that know me , they get the joke here )
    Andy

GOG, Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  15. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I already have a Buffalo rifle-single shot. The lever action fills that I watched too many westerns while growing up thing. It also would be a good weapon for when SHTF.

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Have ya held a Marlin 1895 yet? One of the slickest and smoothest cycling lever actions out there, and the XLR are simply awesome, but the look does put some folks off!

17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Gaston Glock, Never heard of her, is she purty?

18. AndyinEverson

Only if you like plastic on yer girls....:D

Just kidding you Glock fans...Glock pistols do work well and are a good choice in a handgun...just not for me.
    Andy

19. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

20. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

:D The entertainment value of this thread just keeps getting better! [winkthumb]

@Big Ron I sure hope Santa is listening and you get your 45/70, cause I am looking forward to pics and a range report. (y)

1. 3M-TA3
  2. Matei
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. hot diggity
  6. Oddcaliber
  7. Dont
  8. oil pan 4
  9. Oddcaliber
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Marvin L. Steinhagen
  12. Ura-Ki