AR-15 vs AR-10

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BAT1, Nov 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

FWIW, I've heard one of the original OEMs of the SR-25 was Lewis Machine & Tool Company. For the past year or so, LMT has been putting together a .308 "sharpshooter" rifle for the Brits (L129A1; US designated as LM308MWS). A friend in the defense industry says he thinks it's the best "AR10" made.

The LM308MWS is supposed to shoot 1/2 MOA out-of-the-box with standard ball ammo. Last I checked they're less than $2500 and might be a good substitute for the hard-to-find SR-25.

Here's some more info:
    LMT .308 Modular Weapon System
    UK selects .308 sharpshooter

I'm going to sell more stuff and get one.

2. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

the .308 thats being built by lewis looks fabulous. Hope it fires as good as it looks. NVBEAV you say you'll have to sell some stuff to buy that rifle. I would have to sell everybody elses stuff to to afford that gun. LOL.................

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The Stoner or XM207 was a real high maintenance firearm.

4. content

content On Hiatus Banned

forget the shotgun and the bolt action and the 308 AR, and the big pistols. You will also have to carry 30-40 lbs of survival gear, water, etc, so you must keep the gun and ammo and body armor component under 20 lbs, or you will sprain a knee or an ankle the first few hours of shtf! :) without proper sleeping gear, you will freeze and or be exhausted by day 2 of shtf. Ditto without proper clothing.

Water is essential, you have to carry at least 3 quarts of it and that is 6 lbs right there. You will need at least a lb of food per day, too. 2 lbs is necessary(per day) long term, but you can run on body fat for a month or so, in addition to a lb per day of high calorie food. If you have no food at all, in 3-4 days of high stress, high effort living, your performance will be seriously degraded. Ditto if you don't take in nearly 2 gallons of water per day.

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

You should be OK then. If your Van-home breaks down, you can always get your tactical wheelbarrow out and go for it, weight is not an issue then

6. content

content On Hiatus Banned

is that the best you can do? All this wheelbarrow stuff is nothing but lies, made up by people who can't keep up with my abilities/knowledge, so they resort to strawman bs. All i ever said about a wheelbarrow was that IF, (never happen) a place that I wanted to attack had all the bs defenses CLAIMED for it by bsers on HardCore talk, was that I could mount a 1/2" steel plate on a wheelbarrow and get up within pipe bomb throwing range. The monkeys then proceeded to lie about it and me for years. Just as YOU can't controvert a word I say here with any logical reasoning. So you resort to "sniping' at me with bs like this wheelbarrow thing. It is a sign of intellectual bankruptsy, and lack of any "ammo" for your side of the debate. :)

7. Falcon15

Nice try [AH] [troll].

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I guess This validates Falcons assumption of who Content actually is.... WB Rictus or is it Meyah....:rolleyes:

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. Falcon15

[​IMG]

BANZAIIIIIII!!!!!! TACTICAL WHEELBARROW!

Wolfgang2000 likes this.
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

You did realize Cal 30 M2 AP will penetrate .3" of armor at 600 yards
    ( M1903A1 Sniper Rifle )

In case you haven't noticed wheelbarrow range is a lot closer than 600 yards.

I doubt you could push the wheelbarrow and if you could it wouldn't be for long.
    Do you really believe you'll dazzle the enemy so much with your brilliance they'll forget to shoot you? Don''t kid yourself.

Combat is one of those experiences for those who know no explanation is needed and for those who don't none possible.
    You're a poster boy for the none possible crowd.

Falcon15 likes this.
  11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

It just shows his true ignorance. He hasn't seen what any good .30ish FMJ will do to mild steel plate. Hope he's wearing his good suit - he'll be buried in it trying that tactic....... [loco]
    Wonder why he keeps coming back when he knows we see thru him right up front and will just roast him then ban him??

Falcon15 likes this.
  12. Falcon15

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Some people just like to be whipped, they think they need punishment for something they did when they were two years old. Or something. I really don't think he's dumber than a fire hydrant, but for SURE there's a screw loose.

14. Seawolf1090

A 7.62X54R does interesting things to mild steel plate too.

I'd reckon this ol' boy once peed on an electric fence and hasn't been right since....... [aiw]

tacmotusn and Falcon15 like this.
  15. Falcon15

16. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

I've never seen it rain jello before!

17. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The problem with armored wheelbarrows etc is the assumption the other guy will just sit there and be so impressed he'll do nothing. The awful reality is the other guy thinks same as you and his life is on the line also.
    This is why although they graduated Infantry AIT a lot of "cherries" get hurt time first, couple or few times combat.

18. Seawolf1090

Hehehe..... and why you NEVER give newbies a sharpened bayonet! [aiw]

We have also found that the lowly .22WMR that our expert little buddy so belittles will make some impressive divots in steel! I'd bet the KelTec PMR30 would make short work of any wheelbarrow. ;)

19. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Hey got some range reports.
    Left target:
    Sight in top left to bottom black. Top black height dial in. Then some different loads.
    Right target: More loads but it really liked the RE-15 in the top left corner.
    AR -10 . AR-10 scope dial .

20. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Is the RE-15 "Reloader 15" powder? Would you mind giving a few more specs like which bullet, grains of powder, barrel length? That was a pretty good grouping...

1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer
  6. Big Ron
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Lancer
  9. Lancer
  10. RouteClearance
  11. HK_User
  12. Motomom34