AR Face Basher

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 5artist5, Jan 24, 2012.

1. 5artist5

5artist5 Monkey+

Look how aggressive this muzzle brake is. I think it is just for airsoft versions of the AR platform right now. But I see some great 'Zombie Fighting' potential here!
    First_Factory_M4_M16_Strike_Front_Kit.

Here it is mounted to an airsoft gun:
    ASG_zombie_killer_advanced.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  2. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

To each their own, seems a little overkill to me.

How many rails does a rifle really need?

If I was gonna have to be that close to protect myself, I think I would want something more than that face basher.

[loco] [yukface] :sick:

Cephus, Guit_fishN and Falcon15 like this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

If I used all of those rails my M1-A would be light in comparison.

4. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Coming soon to a Mossberg MMR

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Overkill and Tacti-foolish, IMO. The things this "face basher" is placed on - airsoft "rifles"- are toys. This is like putting lipstick on a pig.

As to mounting this on a 5.56...
    If someone is that close, and not dead, you probably are wishing you had been armed with a 7.62x51. A rifle butt to the face has always been effective. Hell, a bayonet thrust to the chest followed by 3 quick trigger pulls is EXTREMELY effective. Just sayin. YMMV.

Gafarmboy, ColtCarbine and tacmotusn like this.
  6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

toys ...... bah humbug

JMHO, but, Airsoft anything is a total waste of money best spent on something useful. My apologies to anyone who enjoys playing with these toys.

ColtCarbine and Falcon15 like this.
  7. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I have always found, from real-world experience, that no attachment is necessary to use the muzzle of a weapon as a club or "poker". Increase the level of force to get the desired effect. Generally, being poked in mouth / nose / eyeball gains compliance faster.

TheyCall MeBruce likes this.
  8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Whatever happened to bayonets? Are those too lethal nowdays? Maybe someone could rig up an apparatus so that you could affix a spring-powered boxing glove to the end of the gun.

[​IMG]

9. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Unfortunately,only the Marines still issue and train with bayonets now.Whatever happened to the warrior class?

ColtCarbine and Cephus like this.
  10. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

"O' Good Grief Charlie Brown"

I hope that anyone who has partaken in these airsoft/paintball games with absolutely no military/combat experience realizes that the true reality of actual combat is in a universe all to itself, and facing war is a complete different ballgame from these childish games.

Now don't get me wrong, paintball has been used as a training aid by the military/LEO community for quite some time, but there is a difference between training like you should fight and simple cowboys and Indians that the airsoft community plays.
    images.

11. jyatesmp

jyatesmp Monkey

I like it. Where can I place my order...lol

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I see the advantage of using it on round steak as a meat tenderizer...I must be hungry...lol

ColtCarbine and Cephus like this.
  13. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Not to start a fight or anything, but I consider Air Soft CO2 powered pistols or CO@ BB pistols good for tactical drills when you can't get to or don't have a real tactical range to shoot at. One can practice in the back yard or the back 40 and get in some realistic practice. Sure, it's not the same a using one's service pistol, but good practice is good practice.

I wouldn't get carried away with too many frills though. Keeping things simple would always be best.

jim

RouteClearance and oldawg like this.
  14. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

I agree with Jim2 also. There is a time and place for all different types of training. Its good to take out your "real rifle or pistol" at the range for some accuracy time. But most ranges are not going to allow you, or you and a buddy to do tactical drills(slicing the pie,shoot and cover etc...).

I did paintball for a few years and plan on doing it this summer. There are two different types of play. There is speed ball which has the inflatable bunkers to hide behind and there is woodsball. Woods ball is pretty close to an actual firefight, depends on how serious you take the game. I am guessing the people on here that are knocking it has either not tried playing or they are to out of shape to play. I realize it is a game and that it doesnt have the stress involved that real combat does but you can learn a good amount of fundementals by playing.

Its tough to say you are ready for a fight when the only shooting experience you have is at a range, against a paper target that is hanging out at 100yards, bottle of dansani next to you, ear plugs, and a shooting bench.

It is a lot tougher to hit a buddy sprinting through the woods shooting back at you. Like i said before, both are good. neat muzzle break by the way lol

RouteClearance and oldawg like this.
  15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I would buy one if it had a bottle opener on it.(y)

16. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Now if it had an integrated green laser,and an LED tactical light,I could see having one.
    Then you could eliminate all the extra gadget crap sticking off of the rifle.
    Matt

sgt peppersass likes this.
  17. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

During my pre-deployment training, the amount of CQCB was more than half of all training that I went through, I really learned what worked and what didn't before I stepped one foot in the "Sandbox", and I will emphasise the term "training". We spent up to 20hr days just going through the room clearing exercises in the shoot/no shoot houses.

The last thing that you wanted to compliment your full "Battle Rattle" was any unneeded gadgets that added additional weight to what you all ready was humping(61.35 lbs is what I carried every day, including body armor, base load, two knives, two led flashlights, first aid kit, combat lifesaver kit, two quarts of water and my issue M4/M203 weapon).

At the end of the day, all you wanted to do was to chuck everything into the nearest trash can/trash pile, but alas, when I did my tour, Everything that I carried served a direct purpose to achieve the daily missions outside the wire and got you back to your FOB alive and unhurt.

Gadgets like the above muzzle brake serve only one purpose to just add weight to what you are all ready carrying, and believe me when I say that no insurgents ever got within arms reach of my weapons muzzle, period, end of story.

As for any kind of weapons accessories, if they are not part of the SOPMOD (Special Operations Peculiar MODification) program, then I want nothing to do with them.

jim2 and STANGF150 like this.
  18. rrfarkin

rrfarkin Monkey

If you are serious, you should look at the LMT rebar cutter. It would solve your 'face' problem and doubles at cutting locks or rebar.
    Lewis Machine & Tool Company

19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Wonder how it would work on this?
    th_bigras.

20. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

The nice thing about my old recon days was that we only carried basic issue stuff and wasn't loaded down with a lot of un-needed equipment. We did use some new and cutting edge stuff (self supplied) but it served a purpose and was a great help.

Having a Huey to do most of the heavy lifting was a great help!;)

jim

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7