AR Face Basher

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 5artist5, Jan 24, 2012.

1. 5artist5

5artist5 Monkey+

I have a few things to say at this time. Firstly as the original poster, I wanted to say that as a "Zombie Face Basher" I have seen no better items than the one I posted. With that said, I am not concerned about zombies in real life. I do find the current zombie trend fun and amusing and to some extent I also appreciate that it helps to add some fun to emergency preparedness. I feel that this makes it easier to get kids spouses and many others on board with what is otherwise a serious subject. So, bottom line, Will I be buying or recommending that anyone buy a face bashing attachment for the AR platform? No.

Secondly, in terms of paintball, airsoft. I have played both. And I will say that one of the first thoughts that came to my mind when I started was that in a 'real bullets' situation none of the things I was using for cover would stop actual rounds. I found that to be very unrealistic in terms of training. However as another poster mentioned, I think some moving target training is needed to supplement the static targets at the normal shooting range. I can see how practicing with a team and getting used to how you will work together and use hand signals etc. is also a valuable tool. Is it 100 percent authentic? Of course not. Everyone knows that their lives are not at stake and there is nothing that can prepare you for that really.

Incidentally, the location that I used to go to play airsoft attracted the local swat team. Who were the best players? Members of the local swat team!

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my rambling.

sgt peppersass likes this.
  2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Is the house big enough for the kids to have their own room !!!

3. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Like I said.If it came with an integral laser,and Tac light I would be interested.
    As is,I just see it as added weight,and just a useless geegaw that looks kind of cool.
    I like gadgets,but I hate that they hang off a rifle,exposed to snagging on things,or impact damage.
    If it had a laser/tac light combo built in,that would be two less things hanging off the rifle,plus a place for a sling mount,bipod,or even a bayonet.
    It's something that wouldnt be hard to engineer into the design,with as small as laser,and LED tech has gotten.
    Add that to one of the stationary angled foregrips,and that would keep a rifle streamlined,and leave little exposed to snagging,or damage,except the optics.
    Matt

4. armysgt

armysgt Guest

DooDads

How did we ever win the Revolution, WW1 & WW2 without all the gimmicks, trinkets, geegaws and doodads folks put on their firearms now? I THOUGHT, the whole idea was to hit the target, not carry everything in the garage with you on your rifle.

5. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

If it's something that gives you a tactical advantage in combat,use it(But dont become to dependant on it).
    Just becouse something wasnt around in the past doesnt mean people wouldnt have used it if they had it.
    The last I checked,our Special Ops people are outfitted with more gadgets than a mall ninja's wet dream,and they are the most lethal warriors to ever walk the planet.
    Matt

sgt peppersass likes this.
  6. armysgt

armysgt Guest

no airsoft toys

Sorry...got up on my high horse. Had to edit.
    Yup...TV rules. What happened to "high speed, low drag"? Yup, that darn TV again.

7. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I personally dont watch much TV(maybe 12hrs a yr.).If a truckers watching TV,or movies.That means that truckers either not making money,or is not going night,night when he should.
    Matt

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yea it was the Germans who had all the tricks, see what that got them.
    But I would buy one if it had a bottle opener on in LOL, im serious...[boozingbuddies]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7