1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

AR Survival Kit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha Dog, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Just bought a new pistol grip for my AR-15, the grip has a compartment that has a slide shut lid. So I got to thinking about it and decided to make a survival kit that would be with my rifle all of the time. This is a list of what I was able to get in the compartment
    4 #4 fish hooks
    4 sinkers
    12lb test fishing line
    6 water/wind matches and strike side of the box
    1 wire saw
    4 pks of 2 water tabs
    button compass

Not much but could make a bad situation a little better.
  2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I would add an extra firing pin for your AR in there if it will fit. I keep extra lithium batteries in my compartment.
  3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I was thinking about that I also have a small punch, flat scew driver and a phillips head short with flat handles. I carry my extra batteries in my front grip.
  4. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

I've also been looking at this Magpul stock with a small storage compartment: ACS™ - Adaptable Carbine/Storage - ACS™ Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model

It's not huge, but you could probably fit some maps & a compass, cleaning tools, or other similarly sized objects in there.

I just bought a stripped DPMS lower for $125 out the door (no paperwork), so I think an AR will be my next project.
  5. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Gas rings. Spare bolt assembly. Your M1A.
    Where you keep the stuff you need to help your AR survive? b::(y):oops:
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary