1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

AR15 replacement parts advice -what breaks?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Blackjack, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I'd like to know what the most likely parts to break/wear out on my AR15 would be so I can stock replacements.

Anyone got knowledge here?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Google up Fulton Armory and give them a call. I've never had dealings with folks like that, you'll get the straight skinny from them. They like happy customers. My Fulton has run faultlessly since new, so I can't tell what's going to break. I have heard that AR extractors can be problematic, but so far so good with mine.

3. ridgerunner58

ridgerunner58 Monkey+++

The information I got from someone was get the bolt assembly and charging handle...so that's what I got. The explaination was that these wear out faster than springs,pins and other parts.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

cool, those are on my list then.

5. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

my set of extra parts. If I would have to pick a most important part to have it would be a new extractor and spring or a spare complete bolt.

[​IMG]

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Extractor. Get a complete Bolt Assembly. You can fit it in your pistol grip.
    Many problms can be solved with a bolt drop in until the other one is cleaned.

Never heard of a Charging Handle wearing out. Maybe being broken accidentally but I don't stock extras.

More ammo and mags too :D

7. ridgerunner58

ridgerunner58 Monkey+++

I never heard of a charging handle wearing out either...but they can break or be bent....Guess that's why I was advised to get one.

8. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7