Are We Better with the Internet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Dunerunner FYI stamps will be going up in January to .55 a stamp. And ll the shop from home people will be seeing a 12% increase in shipping.

Interesting statement, I am ways forget that our basic needs- heating and electric are internet tied and probably cheaper because of it.

I have started to visit the library weekly. It was wonderful to walk in after a long break. I always stop and take a look at the new release books and often come away with ideas, many which I do research on the internet. Surprisingly out library is always really active.

2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

The world library at my fingertips. I like it. I think those who use computers for video games and learn nothing are pathetic. There sure is a lot of good info on fixing trucks and about anything you can imagine. The cost and availability? That's another subject.
    SHTF situation will cause the net to disappear.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  3. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

The only thing the internet is good for is getting information quick. I have a repair manual in my trunk but the same information is on the internet. If the net does go down I can still fix my truck.

Gator 45/70, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

That is true, and for critical equipment, hard copy manuals are a wise option...however, there are user manuals for just about everything online, and often they are downloadable free as .pdf or other text file formats...invaluable if one has bought at a garage sale some equipment or appliance that does not have its user manual with it...or one has lost one's user manuals.

This is what can happen if the relevant user manual is not available or not consulted....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and oldawg like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Radio was out when I was a KID , TV was just starting later as A kid . Power was creeping into more houses also 25 Hz in 1954 -1958 era !!
    Time tells , No TV here , Radio on work headsets , e-net now .
    S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

seen on the web

Ahhh...typical internet-idiot. I would clap at your mastery of misery...but I saw on the news today that clapping is a mean gesture, a micro-agression and hateful to the one armed and deaf...

The World Wide Web
    Manufacturer of victim classes since the start of the new Century...

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7