Are we on are way?

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by OldDude49, Mar 29, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IIRC there is a section of the Bible that speaks of a one world religion type thingy?

hmmmm... so could this be the beginning of such?

IIRC isn't there some kinda belief among some that Islam is the same as...?

I don't see that... and from what I've read it seems more founded on hate and fear and force?

but seem to recall some church leaders seem to have said this...

wonder if they've ever actually read much on it or looked closely at what it says...

anyways... seems a major change may be in the works... ?

Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

UncleMorgan likes this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Reminds me of Justice Ginsberg who is upfront about the US Constitution not being a good model for other countries. WTH is she doing on the Supreme Court then? Same for Pope Francis - if you don't believe Catholic doctrine then why did you agree to become the Pope?

UncleMorgan likes this.
  4. I ain't a biblical scholar. If it's in the bible, it sounds like it would be in the revelations of saint john

Bandit99 and UncleMorgan like this.
  5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

From what I understand, there's always some Johnnie-come-lately religion out there that wants to become the only religion in the world.

Them Muslims types, they just came along a little earlier than most of the others.

They lasted pretty good until about the middle of this century.

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I remember hearing that come 'End of Days' all will speak the same tongue (language) but never heard the one religion thing...
    I would bet if it exists that Marvin LS has it right and it's in Revelations.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Pope just said "Hell Does NOT Exist" today.... Hmmm, wonder if he is wishing that to be TRUE.... Do ya think...

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No, I have some doubts. If true, he loses a lot of leverage.

9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

HMmmmm......

“Pope Declares No Hell?”

So ran the riveting headline on the Drudge Report of Holy Thursday.

Drudge quoted this exchange, published in La Repubblica, between Pope Francis and his atheist friend, journalist Eugenio Scalfari.

Does the pope believe in hell?

GOD ALL-FRIGHTY

Vatican worshippers showered with falling chunks of plaster from ceiling of St Peter’s Basilica – as Pope denies Hell exists
    The Vatican was forced to seal off part of the basilica after chunks of plaster rained down on tourists

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/…rs-basilica-plaster-hell/

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

Ura-Ki likes this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

People that look to others for excuses will find them, and there are plenty of those seeking to be their source .
    Dad taught me to challenge every thing people teach and go to the source for the facts and truth,
    In our home dad and I discussed every sermon and hammered out using scriptures, fact from feeling .
    Tradition and fact often get obscured by compromise to spare feelings ,but LIES offend God ,hence many that do compromise the truth will never know heaven . No liars in heaven. (Revelation) Also Jesus said," Satan is a liar and the father of it".
    God knows the intent of the heart, so to Him all thought is as audio as open speech.
    Men for years have been compromising the things Jesus said to satisfy their own rebellion, Not in obedience to God at all.
    A man yielded to God does not compromise the truth not even to spare his own life .
    Just as Jesus used nature to explain eternal principles, I had been given a picture of a man's existence .
    Chemically we understand that there are elements that are heavier then others and those lighter then others, gasses in particular.
    Our bodies are an electrically charged event and every thing in our existence is effected electrically and chemically .
    From the moment a sperm is formed it's a living thing moving on it's own ,but with out sustenance it dies naturally and new are formed .
    Though an egg has no mobility it's primarily food and designed for a specific genetic material sperm need to feed on.
    The brain in the sperm has a chemistry and electrical charge that absorbs the egg and the sperm grows as a result.
    Traits of both parts begin making the person, especially the influence of the mother carrying it.
    It feeds on her blood and the electrical charges in her mind and body and even the surrounding environment and the way she responds to it.
    The more the fetus grows and develops the brain is absorbing information and processes that information though it has no idea what to do with it . it basically is in a sleep state , involuntary movement is common in most all our sleep .
    Once the birth occurs and the cord severed the child breathing on it's own the shock of a great many changes happening all at once are traumatic usually but this person is now thrust in to a different environment .
    From a moment where no choices exist ,"basically a dream state," to being awakened to "all this" .
    Frustration in communication is the first hurtle ,much like being dumped into another country and no one speaks your language. and you don't even know the customs nor that they exist .
    The mind is being developed and shaped emotionally and the power of decision is being discovered facing this new environment , the ideas of acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior is too far fetched yet to appreciate .
    The consistency/or failure of the moral fabric of the parents life examples teach what is and is not acceptable or confuse it with greater questions.
    Under lying in development is one's mind/soul/spirit , the person developing that acts on the final decision regardless of thoughts being queried .
    So Just as the sperm is grown and dies with out an egg to feed on and develop, the mind is being developed looking for something to feed on, or it too believes it will die .
    Just as the sperm becomes something different than it's original design, the human mind becomes something more then it's original design per-say ,and the potential is the mind/ spirit that can develop an existence of it's own, unlike any other living thing on earth.
    This human spirit is becoming an entity ,but it needs something to sustain it house it as it were at least during development .
    So long as it is housed in development the potential for growth and improvement exist, but once the housing is gone the source for development is gone it has nothing to feed on, and the passage to the next plane is far different, like being born into a completely odd environment . none of the "here to for life experiences" respond to manipulation.
    God made man for this final stage of development .
    God sustains what complies with His design ,and does not sustain what does not .
    Getting back to chemistry.
    When certain elements are separated , one rises and is lost in the atmosphere and the other falls to and through the ground.
    Hydrogen versus oxygen .
    If there is nothing to sustain the once developed human spirit ,gravity takes over .
    If you fallow where gravity eventually ends you might understand what hell is .
    God promised and provided the means to sustain the spirit in man via the Holy Spirit Jesus came to provide His own that actually obey Him . Not through words of the past ,but in real time relationship .
    Knowing how selfish and shallow, and manipulative man is , it is only those in honest desperation for this relationship does God reveal Himself.
    And what of eternity with God ,for what purpose ?
    The spirit does not have reproductive organs , here is no marriage in heaven, but are as the angels of God, according to Jesus .
    There are still tasks to be performed in a spiritual environment as well as dealing with behavioral issues. Satan/Lucifer was kicked out of heaven , so obviously behavioral issue will still exist there as well .

BTPost likes this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

As for the pope ,it is not uncommon for subversives to get into places of power, simply to switch power i.e. Muslims

OldDude49 likes this.
  12. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

yep just look at the dem and rino thing... and there ya are...

13. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7