Are you about to start an off grid adventure?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by martha_mill, Apr 24, 2020.

1. martha_mill

martha_mill Monkey

Blast Films are looking for people in the US who want to / or are about to move off grid for the first time! We work with all major US networks including A&E, Discovery, History & Netflix.

We are developing a new TV project and would love to hear from friends/couples/siblings/families who plan to move to an off grid property/land in the wilderness. Maybe you’ve just found your dream plot of land in Alaska? Maybe you’re still deciding which state to move to? Maybe you’ve just put your house on the market? Maybe you’ve just quit your job? If so - we’d love to hear from you.

Please send me -__________________ if you are interested in finding out more!

Thank you, Martha. :)

ETA by ghrit
    Links disabled. Thread is live, so if anyone wants to participate, use a convo.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
    UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. sdr

sdr Monkey++

O boy. Here it comes....

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

they really need to go to another forum where the special preppers associate.

4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Mart, you are the most recent in a slew of show producers that have tried to muster participants from the Monkey. I'll bet your thread gets moved and locked (with disabled links) by the first mod that comes along. May even delete it and ban you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

[biggrouphug][biggrouphug][biggrouphug]

UncleMorgan and Oddcaliber like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Whats the pay babydoll?

7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

No dice!

UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well....... It has been a while since one of these Yahoos have been around the Monkey Tree... As one who has already participated in a "Reality Tv" production, i wouldn't want to foist such an experience on any other Monkey, without having them go into the arrangement with their Eyes WIDE OPEN... "Reality Tv" is anything but REAL... One of the Line Producers told me when I asked why they did things that weren't "Real" "But it makes for Good Television!" These Tv Production Folks are mostly Good Folks, but they are BIG City Folks, who do not have "Clue One" about what they are filming... None of them are "Off Grid'rs" by definition, and are working from a false narrative, to begin with... A Pipe Dream that they have in their Pointy Heads that sets out their Agenda, down a false Path before they even get started...
    Maybe they will take the "Hint" from the previous comments on this thread, but I doubt that they will find any Monkeys that want to play... then again if they got enough Scratch, maybe Old Gator would play...

9. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I'd play--I can act really stooopid on TV if the money's good.

(People all say I'm a "natural"!)

Of course, I'd have to wear my Richard Nixon mask while I was on camera.

OPSEC, you know. Very important. I wear it all the time, anyway, what with all the COVID.

And I'd need a voice synthesizer. Something everyone can relate to, like

"(Wheeze) Young Luke, (Wheeze) I am your Prepper! (Wheeze).

I'm ready for my closeup now, Mr. Demille.

Ganado, chelloveck, Yard Dart and 5 others like this.
  10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

LOCKED...

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

WTF.... this chit is gold....unlock it you dang Mod bstrd.... [pop]

Snickers with an evil grin..... !!!! [CRC]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey hey hey man, Some of us may have a dog in this hunt!!!

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ol' martha has not come back to read hesheit's thread, so does not know the links are busted, and hisherits email addy deleted. We'll let it open for a while, but not forever.

14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Hey, If some one wants to pay the fuel in my boat for some real adventures on the high seas doing the survival/off grid thing for real, I'm down!

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I can imagine an over the top version.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

In that case, I'd be happy to be an Off Grid experiment. Just pony up $300,000 and I'm your huckleberry...

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I knew a _ock blocker would come along and cut my rate [fnny][woot][woot]

Thunder5Ranch and Yard Dart like this.
  18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yet another drive by 'Wanna be on our show'

Merkun, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I got sucked into doing some interviews in print and on TV back in 2002. NEVER AGAIN!!! By the time they get done editing and adding the story resembles nothing in or of reality. I can only imagine that the reality TV shows are even worse.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

upload_2020-4-25_9-16-39.
    cudda been you talking with her....

her is -
    Martha Mills
    "Marti" Noxon (born August 25, 1964) is an American television and film writer, director, and producer. She is best known for her work as a screenwriter and executive producer on the supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003).
    Profession: Screenwriter, director, Television p...
    Sibling: Christopher Noxon
    TV show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Grey's Ana...
    Parents: Nicolas Noxon, Mary Straley

chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. OlDiceGames
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Prepsteader13
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  17. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  19. Alanaana
  20. Dunerunner
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7