Armed, camouflaged men try to access water tower

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Armed, camouflaged men try to access water tower |
    KING5.com Seattle

Interesting attempt to break in and do what.....?

tulianr likes this.
  2. Timba

Timba Monkey+++

It's a test...

3. Yard Dart

Not getting shot in Lakewood is a test....... tampering with water supplies will land you in the pokey a long time....

Timba likes this.
  4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

My guess is two bubbas looking for the ultimate deer stand.

VisuTrac and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Pierce County does have a few bubba's but not quite as many as Kitsap ehh @Timba ;)

Timba likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Or Thurston, thay have lots of bubba's.....

7. Yard Dart

That is more like Bubba Land!!

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Always loved to go out to my Godfathers farm, near Yelm, on weekends as a kid.... I met a lot of Bubba's that live out in the Bald Hills....

9. Yard Dart

Get down around Morton (Lewis) and it is pretty hillbilly. @probie worked at the mill down there and at some point thru up his surrender flag and had to get out of the joint.....of course a woman had something to do with it.

10. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I can't see terrorists wearing camo and carrying a rifle. If the water tower was anywhere near an open field or woods it would be an ideal "tree" stand. I worked for the water dept. in my small hometown for a short time. One of my jobs was to climb the water tower and do an inspection once a month. I would just sit up there for awhile and enjoy the view. It is amazing how sound travels when your above the houses. I could hear people talking on their front porch a block away like I was right there with them.

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

So we have two incidents in Boston area regarding the water. We now have West coast having an issue. The article does allude or made me think that is was local folks. I think this could be because the article focused on the guns as much as the incident. When people read guns, their mind goes to 2A battle, to America Patriots fighting for their rights. (Or at least my mind does). But, then I ask myself what would be the goal to gaining access to a water tower. What is the end result that these people are trying to gain? I do wonder, if these water storage, reservoirs, and lock cutting stories keep popping up, people attention will be focused on guarding the water system.

We have all seen a pot hole being patched. One guy with a shovel and 4 standing around supervising, focus is on the pot hole and not watching and noticing that the traffic control sign fell over. I feel like our attention is being diverted.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Stoopid phone won't let me fact check but does the name Charles Whitman ring a bell ?

(Texas water tower sniper)

13. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7