As we suspected would happen- US Court Upholds Ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chimo, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Ha, just wait until they get hold of your prescription information. Taking anti-depressants? How about a sleeping pill? Ever been in any type of psychiatric care or counseling?

2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Luckily, my prescription information ends with some antibiotics from a dentist about a decade ago...and I haven't been anywhere near a shrink since my PD screening many, many moons ago. One of the places where I have been successful at going "off grid" has been in the area of doctors, hospitals, prescription drugs and shrinks. ;)

GOG and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  3. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Because you asked, ....... Is fooling around with, 'Mary Jane' really good for you; or could you, maybe, end up with the clap?

Wanna, 'swallow your teeth'? Google, 'Marijuana Use Causes Multiple Psychological Problems' and see what you find! Do I think mixing marijuana and guns, together, makes for a great, 'party mix'?

Ahhh, ...... No! As much as I strongly object to any unconstitutional intrusion against my Second Amendment Rights, giving a gun to a drug addict - any drug addict, but especially one with an increased likelihood for aberrant antisocial behaviors - would NOT be one of my own political choices for a safer, saner, smarter, American society. (Yes, I know all about the Netherlands.)

Over the course of a long lifetime 5 (or maybe even more) drug addicts/dealers have, at one time or another, threatened me with extreme personal violence; and, quite honestly, I'm actually a very easy-going sort of fellow. I don't go around looking for trouble.

So, if the druggies are anxious and willing to take advantage of a naturally polite, deferential, and easygoing person like myself, I'm sure these, 'bad boys' would go after anyone else whom they might (perhaps, more correctly) identify as being vulnerable to any or all of their multiple psychological disorders.

Remember, a marijuana user's: personal perception, emotions, psychological reactions, and decision-making faculties are, all, going to be, 'different' than what you might normally expect!

Ganado likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And their gun laws ==

5. Lone Gunman

OK, let me rephrase that, 'Yes, I know all about the Netherlands and their phony-baloney marijuana laws.'

(How's that, better!)

Ganado likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Lone Gunman I don't have a problem with stupid people making themselves more stupid whether its alcohol or marajuana, my objection is moving to cage in our freedom with more regulation. We can't walk down the street without violating something now, it just depends on if you are wanted for 'questioning' or 'look like' someone who is wanted for questioning. It gives the police state ginormous powers. That is what I object too.

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. chimo

This notion that marijuana use = addiction is incorrect...and that is all I will say about that.

8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

So many folks I know smoke Cigs (I did smoke a pack-a-day in my first life/wife) but now many neighbours some weed , drink high-test etc. Im a beer boy only , but I can be outside in the smoke pit with the butters & tokers ..
    Rather have a toker to drive home rather than a high-test drunk .

I never fooled around with Mary or Jane , didn't know they gave out audience applause performances !!

These city nit-wits have moved into rural & create havoc , they EXPECT ! and are unprepared , but open the yap & flap while were working. Not yet is it legal to have them removed . Fend for yourself.

Sloth

9. Lone Gunman

You're correct!

(Except nobody's talking about addiction.) ;)

10. chimo

except you. Your post mixes marijuana and addiction like they are one in the same. I'm sorry, your personal experiences aside, you are speaking from a position of ignorance...just like the gun-grabbers do. I hope you will consider correcting that deficiency.

Ganado likes this.
  11. Lone Gunman

No, it does not! Read what I wrote again. You're making a number of incorrect assumptions. The only place my post mixes marijuana usage and addiction, together, is inside your own head.

Your personal opinion, however, does NOT invalidate the results of numerous scientific studies on this subject. (One of which I've included above.) If you or anybody else wants to smoke marijuana that's your business; or, for all I care, you can take a bath in it. That's your business, too. (Just be aware of what it's doing to your brain!)

Now enough of this addled nonsense, OK pal. I did NOT say what you've presumed. I said entirely something else. Something that you, rather obviously, chose to deliberately ignore rather than to address. Know what! I understand, 'Why' you'd rather skirt the real issue. I really do!

MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ABOUT ADDICTION; THEY ARE ABOUT CHEMICALLY INDUCED ABERRANT PERSONAL BEHAVIOR, INSTEAD!

An included, relevant, and germane topic that you've chosen to overlook; or, maybe, you just can't, 'get your head around'. You know, the sort of muddled thinking and easily aroused personal reactions that you're showing, right here, right now. ;)

12. chimo

Sorry, your words are there and that is what I get from them. Communication isn't just you throwing words on a screen and expecting people to understand what you think you are saying. Don't get your panties bunched because I interpret what you wrote differently than what you intended...instead you might want to look at your rant and see where perhaps you might have caused some confusion to those reading them. Rants have a tendency of causing confusion...just like being under the influence of drugs.

13. Lone Gunman

Wow! There's no real reasoning with you; is there. There ain't no ranting, here, on my part, Pal. Tell ya what: I'm going to stop now. You've moved from baseless conclusions to equally unfounded belligerent accusations. Me? I've got better things to do today than get into arguments with an internet provocateur. (Didn't I say that nicely!) :D

Before I go, though, I'm going to leave you with this thought: I suggest you read Matthew 12:36. In my further opinion a man should always think of this verse first BEFORE he begins making up stories and/or drawing erroneous conclusions on the internet. Bye! ;)

14. chimo

Quit personalizing it. You wrote what I perceived as a rant, you say you didn't mean it that way then get all offended because I didn't read your words as you intended them. Geesh...and you say druggies are unstable?

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@chimo @Lone Gunman
    See the CoC item 1 --
    Time to stand down, sit back and enjoy the rest of the thread.

16. chimo

where's the darned popcorn smiley thingie?

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

[pop] [peep]

chimo likes this.
  18. chimo

Thanks! It was in a bad place...right in front of me. :oops:

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. Dunerunner
  4. BTPost
  5. Dunerunner