Asbell wool

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Bishop, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Hey if anyone is wanting a good wool hoodies check out adbell wool I met Fred adbell and his wife at the Tennessee classic traditional bow shoot and bought one of there wood hoodies short sleeve and it's the bomb.

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Link??

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thanks for the info. I sure do miss those wool shirts the Corps used to issue. When I got out, I had one that I completely wore out. I'll definetly be looking into these.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Thank you for the link. Love wool and have an old ww II army blanket that I bought surplus in 1958 for 50 cents that is on my couch and still my favorite throw when it cools off. Unlike the modern fabrics, wool doesn't compress, wears well, stays warm when wet, and layers very well. It also recycles very well into quilts when totally worn out, used to see them when I was a kid, made out of old wool shirts and pants, and called "hired man's quilt", no attempt made to make "pretty:, but very warm. My limited experience has also shown that the muted color patterns, greys in particular, are very difficult to pick out in the woods if you don't move.

Given that we have several members on the site that make excellent knives, I am not trying to step on any toes, but I loved the look and simplicity of the traditional knives and sheaths they carry and while I have carried an AF survival knife tor 60 years, the neck knives were fascinating and sound really handy.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Sgt Nambu likes this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I want to make one my self out of a green or grey wool blanket but taking a hoodie a part and using it as a pattern and sewing it up.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Great site, Bishop! Thanks! :D

8. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Got it book marked.. Prices for the pull overs are not that much more than Carrhart hoodies, that I like to wear through the winters here.

9. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yes they are priced fairly if you look at the boreal wool pull over 280$ and it's made from a wool blanket

10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Actually, those are on the cheap side of 100% wool anything. I'm earmarking them. I've actually looked at the guys books before.

11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

THANKS @Bishop!
    This looks to be a great find! Very reasonable prices, and their stuff looks really good.
    Gonna order a vest and thinking on one of their duffel bags.

12. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

I have quite a bit of wool clothing. Those look great and the price is right.

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. DKR
  3. RouteClearance
  4. chelloveck
  5. Brokor
  6. Brokor
  7. Brokor
  8. Astrodokk
  9. monkeyman
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7