Assisted opening knife...Switchblade?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by stg58, Jan 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Maybe a Green Lady,The Statue of Liberty?

2. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Been there...didn't lose anything so no reason to go back...

Anyplace with more people than trees is off limits for me these days.

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

And for me it's for their safety more than mine. I've been referred to as crochety in the last few years.

Sapper John and Pax Mentis like this.
  4. HK_User

"They" are not that nice to me.

More like I have the Old Fart Syndrome.

Ah well another 20 years and I'll go out kicking and fighting.

oldawg likes this.
  5. cjsloane

cjsloane Monkey

As a matter of fact, I have requested a switchblade for just this reason (take the twine off a haybale). I need a knife that I can open up without taking off my gloves & I've requested it as a birthday present. I thought that I made it easier for my husband but some of these crazy rules are causing complications.

6. pcc

pcc Monkey+

It really blows that you have to check state and in some instances local ordinances when you buy or travel with knives.

Thanks to a very active 2A community and organizations here in GA, assisted openers, OTF's and even ballistic knives are legal. I recently picked up a couple of microtech out the front knives because they were cool and I got a deal on them.

For an easy opening knife without the AO feature try one of the "flipper" styles or benchmade axis lock. My benchmade rift will open with a quick flick of your wrist.

[​IMG]

7. HK_User

Many laws have been on the books for hundreds of years. One famous law is the ban on BOWIE knives. They were the deadliest personal weapon in the US at one time. Most of the laws were knee jerk reactions to thugs use of certain weapons or in the case of the South a combination of Fire Arms and Edged Weapons laws after the Civil War.

One step at a time we need to regain our rights.

I for one do not like the fact that I can carry a Fire Arm but not a Bowie.

HK

tulianr and kellory like this.
  8. BigAggie06

BigAggie06 Monkey+

My business prohibits weapons of any kind on their premises ... Two ways my buddy and I have found to get around that ...

1) 90% of the time we are in leased office space, therefore not their premises.

2) We don't CC a firearm at work but do carry knives (him a Griptillian, me a Kershaw Blur) fortunately, we have been able to convince everyone who knows we have them that they are tools and not weapons, this was actually fairly easy to achieve since most of the time when they are seen we are ripping into boxes to inspect inventory.

We did have to have a talk to my buddy who had a bad habit of flicking his Grip idly while standing in the halls thinking.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7