At a gun shop on election day.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quantrill, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

I am currently in the market for a good defensive shotgun so, I went to a small gun shop that I have been going to since I was a kid. When I got to the shop there were hardly any guns left. So I asked Dale, the owner, "What happened here, did you get robbed?" He replied "I have never seen anything like this. As soon as I opened the doors I had two people in here buying guns and it has not let up all day."

I think the people who say "From my cold dead fingers!!!!" are afraid the one who says "Yes we can", can and will ban military style rifles and other scary guns. Maybe it is just because I live in Kansas that people reacted like this I dunno?

Anyways seeing peoples reactions on election day made my choice of shotgun easy. I'll get a scary looking Mossberg 590A1 with a bayonet lug. [booze]

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yup, just like that here in Memphis as well. The Range/Gun shop I work at was slammed until about 7pm. I hadn't seen that many 4473's that needed to be logged out in quite some time, and I expect sales to not slack off any.

Even without the election, we are approaching our "busy season", so with this election we will be VERY busy!

3. knophear

knophear Monkey++

like the one on my shotty thread...YES!

4. knophear

knophear Monkey++

tryin to convince my dad to buy a glock hi cap b4 its too late...

5. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

I've been waiting about a month for parts to come in at my local shop, but their supplier has been not been able to come through. The local guys would have appreciated a more accurate (not overly optimistic) delivery date, but the mfrs probably didn't expect the rush.

6. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

Wooohoo I just found 3 Cabela's gift cards worth about 50-60 bucks. Here I come. I love days where I get to buy guns!!!! [coffee2]

7. knophear

knophear Monkey++

[fnny]
    Found?
    He's lookin at a Glock 30 .45 with 3 mags @ a local shop for $415.00---should he jump on that deal b4 its too late? Are they good guns? Hows the recoil?

8. knophear

knophear Monkey++

Sweet. The 30 is the Sub-Compact version of that gun...is this a good deal for one?

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The Sportsman's Warehouse here in Tally, Florida wasn't too busy here the next day after The Scam. Ammo components were not bought out, as I had feared. I even found a box of 150 grain .308 FMJ/BT - didn't expect that! I can load my 60 brass cases of 7.62X51 this week.
    There was NOBODY at the gun counter!

Hmmm.... We have become too Liberal in these parts.

I have the guns I need - I'm making sure I can feed them in the future.

10. knophear

knophear Monkey++

Uhhh...my dad decided that his .38 would suffice...I cant convince him otherwise. Oh well...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7