At The Point Of A Gun

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Gopherman, Jan 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have occasionally wondered if "year" has been correctly translated somehow. Maybe the word actually referred to a millennium or some greater length of time? Maybe there was no word in the ancient language for "million" which would then put 6000 up to 6 bln were that so, in the range of where geologic science seems to point. Just off the top of where there used to be hair ---

tulianr likes this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Those who hold to that ridiculous 6000 year fantasy do great harm to those who sincerely study scripture. It all harkens back to that's what they were told. So it must be true. If they heard it in church it is gospel, proven truth.

My theory that I am working on, and started presenting in the "Days of Noah" thread reconciles the two camps of creationists and evolutionists. If you really look at what the scriptures are saying there is no contradiction between the two. Science has proven the biblical account to be accurate.
    But all research, whether scientific or scriptural, and I don't mean to infer the two are mutually exclusive, has to be amended and redefined whenever new evidences are uncovered. The accepted age of the dawn of civilization was at one time 4-6,000 years ago. Then with the unearthing of the Sumerian culture it was pushed back to 8-10,00 years. Now the unearthing of the Indus Valley culture has pushed that back even farther 10-15,000 years. What new discovery might push it back much farther?

My personal belief, and I won't go into all the evidences and theorems that it is based on, but it is that what we call "civilized" man existed far back into antiquity. They were much more civilized and modernized than we have been taught or that we have ever imagined.
    I sincerely believe that ancient man possessed the means of flight. That they had an energy source that we have yet to discover. That they traveled, and mapped the world of their time. That they warred with each other with weapons that only today can we replicate the power of. That their wars caused a worldwide nuclear type winter that if not caused, at least preceded the last ice age. That the grunting, club wielding, hunter gatherer "caveman" is a misconstrued ideal derived from ignored and lacking evidences. That these were the remnants and survivors of a world wide calamity, forced into a subsistence lifestyle and that the primitive caveman stereotype was a rare and isolated instance.

And I don't believe that any of that came from extraterrestrials!!

I believe that there is so much that we don't know, so much yet to be discovered. And that a lot of what we do know gets swept under the rug if it doesn't fit in with some established dogma. Be it academic or scriptural.

tulianr likes this.
  3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Minuteman likes this.
  4. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Bot this trail sure went a long ways!! seesaw

Minuteman and tulianr like this.
  5. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

The latest standoff in Arizona, where they allocated a small free speech zone warrants a class action lawsuit against the Fed's for constitutional violations.!!
    It was nice to see people from all over the US making the trip to stand united! Finally, a show of solidarity! I wish I lived closer, however, everyone of the people who showed up are going to go through a living nightmare from now on, they have been outed!
    This is how the Government is going to shut down Religious free speech, their chipping away every day and it won't be long now.
    I really thought the past few days would light the fuse for a National Emergency Declaration and spark off the what we all know is coming.
    If the Harry Reid/WalMart/China connection turns out to be valid, all hell will break loose! So far the Mainstream Media hasn't mentioned that! Maybe their independently varying it first? I can only hope that's the case! They have been grabbing land for a long time!
    Just say'in!

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I find it odd, that even if I edit out an entire post, I can not edit out an emodicon. Does this mean that the feeling linger on, even after the facts are long gone? Or do my posts have a soul that lingers on in this realm?;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    chelloveck and tulianr like this.
  1. arleigh
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Motomom34
  5. Motomom34
  6. GhostX
  7. OldDude49
  8. duane
  9. OldDude49
  10. Yard Dart