ATF Form 4473 Firearms Transaction Record Has Been Revised 2016-17

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Motomom34, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This was passed to me and I thought it should be posted. I do know this form can be done electronically because I had an FFL shop require that, no paper allowed but it seems there are some changes that will be taking place. We now have Feds trumping state laws. I do wonder how that will work.

New FFL Form 4473 for Background Checks Incoming
    New FFL Form 4473 for Background Checks Incoming

Another article on the revised form.... ATF Form 4473 Firearms Transaction Record Has Been Revised

Ura-Ki and Wild Trapper like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

No probleem for me .
    I don't need more guns .
    I never smoked dope, don't ever plan to.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

No real difference, they just state the position I think everyone knew.

I will say the idiotic comments are sort of fun.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Meh, the states that have legalized the wacky-weed are also the most hardcore Blue libtard states.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Marijuana isn't a drug. The move to criminalize the sovereign citizenry has gone on long enough. Please stop believing the social programming which includes labeling cannabis as a drug.

The fact remains that folks will have to answer this form and do so honestly unless the thugs conduct their search of databases and find John Smith is a legal weed user in the State he resides. Then it's a simple matter of raiding John's home and stealing his guns, which he obtained "illegally" according to the tyrants. Naturally, if they kill John in the process, all the better for the corporate militarized police.

Stop believing the Federal Government is vindicated in anything it does. It is a crime syndicate.

As for my local Ma and Pa shop --they feel the same way I do. Molon Labe.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Interesting,
    Section D.
    If a buyer fails background check, or seller decides not to transfer the firearm, The firearm info is still recorded.
    Very interesting.

Yard Dart, 3M-TA3, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

They have already started comparing the CCL list with the medical marijuana list here in many counties. Our last sheriff resisted the move, but I just don't know about the current one.

Ura-Ki and Brokor like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's problematic, for sure. Granted, this is clearly a move to restrict gun ownership given the recent additions to the states on the list of legalizing marijuana, which provides the impetus. I don't see a move to raid peoples homes yet, but I am not counting it out, either. The 4473's are supposed to be kept on file for 20 years, but who knows how many "accidental fires" may result if these draconian laws come into place.

Always support Constitutional sheriff's, if they are on our side.

Homer Simpson, Dont and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As an FFL, I have to be very careful, about who I can Allow, to live with Me, in my place... We don't have guests, often, but When we do, they stay in a separate building.... If there is any question, at all, the answer is NO.... We could NOT afford to lose the FFL, or our Gun Rights, due to this conflict in State & Federal Statutes.

VisuTrac and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I am more concerned with those taking prescription anti depressants than someone recreationally smoking pot. Unless that pot smoker uses a firearm to steal twinkies and potato chips at the local 7/11.... [violin]

11. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Doesn't bother me at all, since I rarely buy firearms from dealers.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Agreed, people who are on some of those mind altering anti depressants or anti crazy drugs are way more dangerous then those who habitually smoke marijuana cigarettes.

Pax Mentis likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7